Picture Of The Week

other dog

Was that a wrecker? The gumball on top looks like a firetruck.

Sure looks like a wrecker headrack to me. The gumballs were very popular around St. Louis and Chicago when I was a kid on everything with the globe being glass. I have a couple of them by Federal Signal.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Amber???? I want to get one for the B as mine is much too modern looking.

Hi Larry, the one from Chicago is amber. The one from St. Louis is red. Illinois has always required amber caution lamps where Missouri was red until recently.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Was that a wrecker? The gumball on top looks like a firetruck.

I think it was a wrecker. I was looking for another older picture I took of it but I must have deleted it. I've tried a couple of times before to get a drive by picture of it but none came out very good or there was something in the way.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.