I Need This Part

i need this part

and i don't want to pay alot of money for it!!!!!!!!!!

mack

p/n 68rc44m

s/n 63510

date 04-05

my norcold refrigerator went out. im told the inverter and compressor are both bad. i was told the compressor alone is $1,089.00

i don't think this is accurate?????????????????

i dont think a new fridge will cost that much????????????????

i am also told this is a valva only fridge. i was told norcold would only sell this to valva.

it is skinny and tall regular fridge won't fit.

i need this part

and i don't want to pay alot of money for it!!!!!!!!!!

p/n 68rc44m

s/n 63510

date 04-05

my norcold refrigerator went out. im told the inverter and compressor are both bad. i was told the compressor alone is $1,089.00

i don't think this is accurate?????????????????

i dont think a new fridge will cost that much????????????????

i am also told this is a valva only fridge. i was told norcold would only sell this to valva.

If the compressor locked up and the surge current did not take out the inverter power supply fuse it would be shot also. I would not repair proprietary items if they are that way but rather go with a replacement COTS, (commercial off the shelf) unit. Basically get a small refrigerator at Best Buy or the like and install it. Replace the inverter with a large fan cooled unit with as low of wow and flutter measurements that you can afford to offer a long lifespan.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If the compressor locked up and the surge current did not take out the inverter power supply fuse it would be shot also. I would not repair proprietary items if they are that way but rather go with a replacement COTS, (commercial off the shelf) unit. Basically get a small refrigerator at Best Buy or the like and install it. Replace the inverter with a large fan cooled unit with as low of wow and flutter measurements that you can afford to offer a long lifespan.

Rob

spent all afternoon trying to do that, i was willing to give up my desk/work station, that is part of the fridge cabinet. every thing i found was to wide.

this is one of the downfalls with the rawhide, to much custom stuff............

i have a 3,000 watt inverter in the jockey box, all it runs is laptop,printer and coffee pot 20 oz.

i thought i would have plenty in reserve for a fridge, especially if i unpluged fridge before making coffee.

An inverter of that size should readily carry the load of your mentioned items without unplugging anything. Before scrapping that inverter get it to a shop and look for an internal fuse or take it apart yourself. Most have either an internal fuse, or thermal link that is to break open stopping current flow in addition to the customer replaceable fuse you can get at. Have you checked the fuse on the inverter? A 3KVA unit is not going to be real inexpensive. I wouldn't write it off quite yet. The fridge can cease to operate anytime. If you take the housing off the refrigerator there well be a number on a tag that is usually spot welded to the housing which can be converted. Matsushita, (Panasonic) makes jillions of different compressors for small appliances and generic replacements. If that tag can be located, the capacity can be converted, and a universal compressor could be fit, and maybe you wouldn't have to change your truck's appearance. Never seen the inside of a Rawhide so don't know the arrangement.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

i have a 3,000 watt inverter in the jockey box, all it runs is laptop,printer and coffee pot 20 oz.

i thought i would have plenty in reserve for a fridge, especially if i unpluged fridge before making coffee.

[/quote

The fuse located on the outside of the inverter is for sudden inrush current and will blow under thos conditions. Sometimes they also have an internal fuse that can only be replaced after removing the outer cover. I would do this before scrapping the unit. A 3KVA is not real inexpensive and should carry the load in the truck without unplugging anything.

If you look at the compressor to the refrigerator there will be either a sticker, or metal tag attached to the compressor housing. There will be a number on the tag denoting the compressor type, or model, and that number can be converted to a Matsushita, (Panasonic) brand. They make virtually thousands of different compressors in different sizes for universal replacement. You could replace the compressor, flush the coils, replace the capillary tube and recharge for about $300.00 if you wanted to go that route. I've done several and it is not difficult with the right mounting kit for the compressor itself. You run the lines how you want.

Rob

that is what i had in mind, i removed fridge, took it to local rv dealer. when i got the bad news i asked about puting a compressor in the jocky box and running lines to the fridge. they said that would cost more than a new fridge????????????????????????????????

this fridge has it's own power inverter.

next to the 12 volt plug it has 10 amp fuses, one on both pos. and neg. but has no relay after that.

12 volt goes into inverter, 12 volt comes out for fan, 110 volt comes out to compressor, wich is the size of a one litter bottle.

You might try truckfridge. com

they have lots of sizes.. $ 400-500

i put one in my pete and it ran all the time, for 9 yr..till i sold the truck..

run on 12v, cold enough to make ice

it didn't run the batts down, for overnight, or short weekend, for longer you needed to turn it off...

Edited by peterj

You might try truckfridge. com

they have lots of sizes.. $ 400-500

i put one in my pete and it ran all the time, for 9 yr..till i sold the truck..

run on 12v, cold enough to make ice

it didn't run the batts down, for overnight, or short weekend, for longer you needed to turn it off...

thanks for the info. just checked it out, no deals, every thing to wide.

cabinet openings are

10 1/2" wide

18 1/2" deep

30 3/4" tall

this fridge has it's own power inverter.

next to the 12 volt plug it has 10 amp fuses, one on both pos. and neg. but has no relay after that.

12 volt goes into inverter, 12 volt comes out for fan, 110 volt comes out to compressor, wich is the size of a one litter bottle.

You have a hermetically sealed scroll type compressor. Very cheap to manufacture and basically a single moving part internally. Best to replace that and the other associated hardware I mentioned and also do away with the dedicated inverter that is built in. Purchase a stand alone type to power the truck off the shelf as mentioned earlier.

That proprietary way of doing things is only cheap to the vendor, not the end user.

Rob

might have to go to the "scrap it down in the passenger seat" J.B.Hunt/Swift/Celadon/U.S.Express type fridge. Then get some stupid looking gloves with the fingers cut out and a spinner knob for your sterning wheel and ride on!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

might have to go to the "scrap it down in the passenger seat" J.B.Hunt/Swift/Celadon/U.S.Express type fridge. Then get some stupid looking gloves with the fingers cut out and a spinner knob for your sterning wheel and ride on!

You forgot 'drive like a total douche bag'.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

im off like a herd of turtles to pueblo,co. gona have the wife take it to a commercial refrigeration biz. see if they can put a 110 volt comp. on it.

if not i will try gambi part guy in chicago.

when i leave co. im headed for mackpro, if she don't have any luck with the old one, i might try to have a new one meet me there.

i miss the good olday,s when all you needed was a map and a cb radio, and your trash bag only had to be big enough for 4 empty cig packs

I did...sorry 'bout that.

...and drive like a total douche bag!

But does a "total douche bag" driver spray in an omni directional pattern when they piss? And does it smell like vinegar, or just sudsy with a high foam content?

Rob