Haulmaxx Vs. Camelback

Oso2

Hi - long time lurker here. I've noticed that a lot of local Granite dumps have the Hendrickson HMX 460 suspension. Which suspension would you choose if buying a new Mack - a Camelback or a Haulmaxx? The application is a general purpose dump truck (10-40% off road, 20+46 + a pusher axle)

Which has superior:

ride?

traction?

durability?

weight?

cost?

This is all idle speculation at this point.

Edited by ajoso

Hi - long time lurker here. I've noticed that a lot of local Granite dumps have the Hendrickson HMX 460 suspension. Which suspension would you choose if buying a new Mack - a Camelback or a Haulmaxx? The application is a general purpose dump truck (10-40% off road, 20+46 + a pusher axle)

Which has superior:

ride?

traction?

durability?

weight?

cost?

This is all idle speculation at this point.

Most all Mack garbage trucks (MR and LE) around here have the Haulmaxx. They claim less maintance and easy to replace pads but not very good off road performance. I like the Mack but thats all I have ever known.

Most all Mack garbage trucks (MR and LE) around here have the Haulmaxx. They claim less maintance and easy to replace pads but not very good off road performance. I like the Mack but thats all I have ever known.

Where I work we have several trucks with the Haulmaxx rear suspension, and it has nowhere near the articulation of the camelback, so it's more likely to allow one wheel to lose contact with the ground when off road on uneven terrain.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"