Livin' On The Edge...

RowdyRebel

I love a challenge :thumb:

They had a pit they wanted the load dumped into...

got-er-did B)

l_6c56a2e1d31f48ccbeee48c0e6248ffb.jpg

don't look TOO bad in this pic... :lol:

l_b9176ff1de1e4561b545f6622b93e246.jpg

trailer had to be squared up with the pit to get it all in...

l_537a8b78426c475ba013d16627804152.jpg

...which REALLY didn't leave a whole heck of a lot of room for the truck :blink:

l_c5b20c99242b445d8b10657b78452761.jpg

:banana: I love loads like this :chili:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

You gotta look for the 'dirty white truck' color on photoshop when you 'white' out the letters on yer truck!

Maybe I should do that when I post pics of my truck...keep it all secretive.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I love a challenge :thumb:

They had a pit they wanted the load dumped into...

got-er-did B)

l_6c56a2e1d31f48ccbeee48c0e6248ffb.jpg

don't look TOO bad in this pic... :lol:

l_b9176ff1de1e4561b545f6622b93e246.jpg

trailer had to be squared up with the pit to get it all in...

l_537a8b78426c475ba013d16627804152.jpg

...which REALLY didn't leave a whole heck of a lot of room for the truck :blink:

l_c5b20c99242b445d8b10657b78452761.jpg

:banana: I love loads like this :chili:

i turned one into a side dump, the dump spot wasnt near that bad,

Rowdy bumped up the idle, put the body in gear, and BAILED.

Must have good insurance

Nah...I was in the truck when it was going up. Once it was up, that's when I got out to make sure it was all coming out. Hell, someone had to steer the truck to keep it from getting too close to the edge (which was crumbling away beneath my wheels). I've had trickier dumps...I love the challenge. Any idiot with half a brain can dump a load off a trailer onto a concrete pad.

It's all good, though. Company driver that dumped ahead of me pi$$ed the guys off at the jobsite...guess he was either too skeerd or not good enough to get his truck lined up and dumped into the pit...so he dumped about 3' in front of the pit onto the gravel road. Probably 6 or 8 tons that he hauled out was lost in the ditches and on the gravel road. Then the knucklehead pulls out without rolling his tarp back over the trailer and leaves a nice cloud of dust trailing behind him as he heads into town... :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

You gotta look for the 'dirty white truck' color on photoshop when you 'white' out the letters on yer truck!

Maybe I should do that when I post pics of my truck...keep it all secretive.

It's a public forum...gotta watch what ya do and say. Not so much when ya can't be identified :thumb:

Nah...I was in the truck when it was going up. Once it was up, that's when I got out to make sure it was all coming out. Hell, someone had to steer the truck to keep it from getting too close to the edge (which was crumbling away beneath my wheels). I've had trickier dumps...I love the challenge. Any idiot with half a brain can dump a load off a trailer onto a concrete pad.

It's all good, though. Company driver that dumped ahead of me pi$$ed the guys off at the jobsite...guess he was either too skeerd or not good enough to get his truck lined up and dumped into the pit...so he dumped about 3' in front of the pit onto the gravel road. Probably 6 or 8 tons that he hauled out was lost in the ditches and on the gravel road. Then the knucklehead pulls out without rolling his tarp back over the trailer and leaves a nice cloud of dust trailing behind him as he heads into town... :pat:

i must be an idiot with less than half a brain cuz i turned one over on a concrete pad

i don't know if 55 ton of screenings had anything to do with it.

I've been hauling these big aluminum coils from the Port of Wilmington (N.C.) to Ball Metal Beverage in Bristol,Va. all week. They make the pop-tops for aluminum cans there. Almost 400 miles each way. We'd do a load every day,they unload until midnight.

I was pulling a Conestoga because I don't have a TWIC card and wild man would go in and load his load then come out and take my truck in and load it for me. They had to be tarped before you could leave,so the Conestoga made it easier.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Got to pull flatbed again yesterday. Hauled concrete barriers then some random crap. The thing in front is some sort of pile driver attachment for an excavator ($250,000 new allegedly), blue box is all the wires and what not for it. Tube is a tube and on either side of that are pilings. I'll say that I thoroughly enjoy pulling a skateboard, maybe I'm in the wrong bidness.

post-1977-12715110912_thumb.jpg

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Until you have to tarp, strap, and chain in the rain, snow, and ice then you'll be ready to pull something else.

don't forget sitting all day waiting to unload at some jobsite and then spending half the night waiting to load at some steel mill,then having to tarp outside when the wind's blowing 40 mph in the snow,sleet and rain, then be expected to deliver 500 miles away at 7 the next morning-then when you get there they put the load outside in the weather anyway.

don't forget sitting all day waiting to unload at some jobsite and then spending half the night waiting to load at some steel mill,then having to tarp outside when the wind's blowing 40 mph in the snow,sleet and rain, then be expected to deliver 500 miles away at 7 the next morning-then when you get there they put the load outside in the weather anyway.

I was hoping you would leave those details out as we don't want to discourage any potential new flatbed drivers.

I was hoping you would leave those details out as we don't want to discourage any potential new flatbed drivers.

well, it's like everything else in that it has it's good and bad points.I'd rather do it than sit all day at a grocery warehouse waiting to unload all day where you have to do it yourself or pay a lumper. Sometimes you load and unload quickly, have no-tarp loads, and everything's lovely.

well, it's like everything else in that it has it's good and bad points.I'd rather do it than sit all day at a grocery warehouse waiting to unload all day where you have to do it yourself or pay a lumper. Sometimes you load and unload quickly, have no-tarp loads, and everything's lovely.

That is true.

30 seconds earlier...