Scr Meltdown

we just got our first scr truck with a regen issue in today and what a problem it was there was a malfuction with the programming..apparently both aftertreatment injectors stuck open and the dumbass driver said ya it started to get real hot in the cab and smelled real funny but i thought it was normal. Needless to say truck went boom...i hope it is still at the shop in the morning and its not being towed back to its terminal so i can get some pics and post them on here what a mess techs just start to get to know the ins and outs of the old dpf system and manufactuers seem to have almost all the kinks worked out then they go ahead and change it again and royally f it up i hope its still there.......Guys We Are In Trouble.....if your a drinker your gonna become an alcoholic and if you dont drink its a great time to start...lol

we just got our first scr truck with a regen issue in today and what a problem it was there was a malfuction with the programming..apparently both aftertreatment injectors stuck open and the dumbass driver said ya it started to get real hot in the cab and smelled real funny but i thought it was normal. Needless to say truck went boom...i hope it is still at the shop in the morning and its not being towed back to its terminal so i can get some pics and post them on here what a mess techs just start to get to know the ins and outs of the old dpf system and manufactuers seem to have almost all the kinks worked out then they go ahead and change it again and royally f it up i hope its still there.......Guys We Are In Trouble.....if your a drinker your gonna become an alcoholic and if you dont drink its a great time to start...lol

maybe the driver has not driven an scr truck before and didn't know what it's supposed to do and not supposed to do. I wouldn't know either, so i'm a dumbass too. Guess i'd carry a gallon of gas with me and have all my belongings where I could grab them quickly.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

And a good time was had by all!

Yet another well tested divice gone bad! sad.gif

Betcha theres gona be sum duckin and weavin at the Cummins warrenty claims desk!

O wait its a Volvo problem! The paint color is off! NO WARRENTY!

That will teach em for sending us all those defective Turbos!

Well it worked out on paper anyway!pat.gif

maybe the driver has not driven an scr truck before and didn't know what it's supposed to do and not supposed to do. I wouldn't know either, so i'm a dumbass too. Guess i'd carry a gallon of gas with me and have all my belongings where I could grab them quickly.

very true alot of these drivers know nothing about the systems which really sucks but he said he smelled plastic burning and saw a lil bit of smoke (passenger inner fender assembly) and didnt think it was serious this truck is a Swift Transportation unit but who is really at fault you can argue it all day its just one of those deals thats not that common before you know it all the bugs will be worked out of this system just in time for the feds to change it again...lol

very true alot of these drivers know nothing about the systems which really sucks but he said he smelled plastic burning and saw a lil bit of smoke (passenger inner fender assembly) and didnt think it was serious this truck is a Swift Transportation unit but who is really at fault you can argue it all day its just one of those deals thats not that common before you know it all the bugs will be worked out of this system just in time for the feds to change it again...lol

oh...Swift driver...'nuff said! The gallon of gas still might not be a bad idea though,just in case it did catch fire.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.