R-Model Tan Interior

My guess is '73 to '86.

I think 1985 was the last year for the tan interior. Both of my 1986 cabs have the gray interior.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think the tan interior came out mid year '73,when the cab got the back wall extended out, and the dash was changed.Then sometime in '77-'78, the interior was changed to more of a brownish(darker tan) color.The best photos would probably be in the brochures of that era.I have some of my '79's interior, I'd just have to scan them. If you would like me to post them, I'd be happy to.As Rob said, '85 was the last of the tan interior.My '90 had the gray,of course, but I was partial to the interior of my '79.I moved a new Granite tractor around at a show a few years back and was surprised it had a tan interior. :mack1::thumb:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I had a 86 RD that had the base interior and it was tan.

I stand corrected.Sounds like sometime in'86 was the switch over,huh? I have noticed over the years, MACK did certain changes, depending on where the truck was built (Canada vs. US).Maybe that could be part of the answer. :mack1::thumb:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA