The Fugitive

Shamrock_HeavyHaul

My 1960 B73 Project first came to my eyes back in 1981 when I was 5 yrs old. At the time a neighbor of mine restored the truck and used it everyday for hauling logs and pulp wood. Growing up I told myself one day I am going to own that very truck and restore it to the same condition as I first came across it. If you notice the name of the truck is ‘The Fugitive”. It is named that because the truck just will not surrender to the scrap yard or junk yard. The original owner named it that and the truck since being built in 1960 has been called its nickname.

My B73 is the first truck I drove at the age of 12. It has sentimental value to me and is the reason why I chose this truck over any other B model that I came across for sale in restorable condition.

The truck is powered by a NH220 Cummins with a 20 speed Quadraplex transmission. The miles on the truck are 165,145 miles (that I believe are original). It features a Wet Kit/PTO set up and has the heavy duty specifications of a double frame, 14,000 lb front axle and 44,000 lb rear axles and suspension where installed in the late 70’s. Top speed is at 54 to 58 miles per hour. I currently use this truck for moving forestry equipment with a 35 ton low boy or a 20 ton tag trailer and for show.

I tend to keep this truck in my family by passing it on to my son Vaughn when I am old and gray, thus preserving a piece of Mack history and a piece of family history as well.

post-90-1152734047_thumb.jpg

Hi Shamrock, Great looking truck and a great story to go with it. Something to be proud of and no better legacy to hand down to your son. Good luck and keep on truckin' with that reliable "B". :bulldog3: Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have it already on the Mack Museum list. I contacted them a while ago and they gave me the correct wiring harness,assembly info and original dealer who sold the truck. Rockford Mack (Illinois) was the dealer.

The folks at the Mack museum are great people, make sure you give and extra cash that you can to keep their support