Bigen's Turbo

maybe im just paronoid, not used to running this long without a major repair$$$$$ it seems like my turbo is getting louder????? checked all pipe fittings, every thing is tight and proper, kept an eye on boost pressure around 31 psi when its pulling have seen it spike 36 psi some times. this turbo has about 50,000 miles since it was replaced.

i never heard the turbo in my vision.

maybe something was wrong with it. maybe it was just that quiet?

is it just getting broke in????

do i need to get a smaller muffler so the pipes will drown it out????

would the warrenty transfer with new owner??????

is there some thing i need to keep an eye on???????

bigen every turbo that's been on my 460 screams loud. A shop guy at Mack in Houston told me it's the waste gate that makes that noise. I don't know what it is but it doesn't effect my power or fuel mileage.

I have to agree with you it's fun to turn loose a bull dog on a large car Pete or KW. Some of the sidewalk sissies can't stand the pressure. I loaded in Chicago Wednesday evening at 3pm and unloaded 6pm in the Alamo on Thursday. That's no new speed record but it's alright for a one eyed old fat man. I'd have done better if I didn't get so sleepy down by Neelyville.

maybe im just paronoid, not used to running this long without a major repair$$$$$ it seems like my turbo is getting louder????? checked all pipe fittings, every thing is tight and proper, kept an eye on boost pressure around 31 psi when its pulling have seen it spike 36 psi some times. this turbo has about 50,000 miles since it was replaced.

Funny, I was just thinkin about sending a search party for you. Haven't seen you post here in a while...but then I figured maybe it was because now you have a truck that hangs together and doesn't provide you with ample ass time at home or wherever to be posting whoring (as some would call it) on here. :SMOKIE-LFT:

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

From what I have seen , when the turbo makes a "squeal" during high boost it is usually a turbo gasket or the intake manifold gaskets. I know you have been through this before but the smaller the leak the louder the noise. All the exhaust back pressure in the exhaust manifold trying to spin the turbo puts a real strain on the gaskets. Make sure all your turbo nuts and manifold nuts/studs are there. I have already seen the new style/ new fix stud/spacer fail on some Tyson trucks.

bigen every turbo that's been on my 460 screams loud. A shop guy at Mack in Houston told me it's the waste gate that makes that noise. I don't know what it is but it doesn't effect my power or fuel mileage.

I have to agree with you it's fun to turn loose a bull dog on a large car Pete or KW. Some of the sidewalk sissies can't stand the pressure. I loaded in Chicago Wednesday evening at 3pm and unloaded 6pm in the Alamo on Thursday. That's no new speed record but it's alright for a one eyed old fat man. I'd have done better if I didn't get so sleepy down by Neelyville.

i think some thing must have been wrong with the turbo on the vision. i thought the extra power from the ch was all in the 393 gears,

i was worried about it being short legged when i bought it, but i love it. and my millage is consistant at any resonable speed.

came in empty from springfield mo. thursday, i need to set my speed alarm to 80 mph, it was realy hard to keep it under that

From what I have seen , when the turbo makes a "squeal" during high boost it is usually a turbo gasket or the intake manifold gaskets. I know you have been through this before but the smaller the leak the louder the noise. All the exhaust back pressure in the exhaust manifold trying to spin the turbo puts a real strain on the gaskets. Make sure all your turbo nuts and manifold nuts/studs are there. I have already seen the new style/ new fix stud/spacer fail on some Tyson trucks.

thanks 68 i will look very close at all bolts and around manifold.

the waist gate makes sence. thats when it is loudest

i would realy like to schedual my next service with you, i dono if it needs valve adj. or other things pro's know about.

is this possible??????

wow if we would have had equipment like this in our 20's

Funny, I was just thinkin about sending a search party for you. Haven't seen you post here in a while...but then I figured maybe it was because now you have a truck that hangs together and doesn't provide you with ample ass time at home or wherever to be posting whoring (as some would call it) on here. :SMOKIE-LFT:

thats what happend, but im still a posting whore, just dont have time to do much whorin!!!

thats what happend, but im still a whore, just dont have time to do much whorin!!!

Haha...either way long as it's workin out. Still waiting for some pix of the new unit.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I'll check mine. A leak sounds about right. Since Houston has never been right on anything else they've repaired I better take look into this for leaks.

wow if we would have had equipment like this in our 20's

yeah buddy. When I was in my 20s I was herding an Emeryville with a great big old 220 Cummins and a 5 speed over with 2 speed rearend. Then a B61 with 673P and triplex, then a H model with 673 with a 9sp Mack overdrive. When I got up to a cabover Pete with a 270 Cat and 5 X 3 I thought I was the cock of the walk.

yeah buddy. When I was in my 20s I was herding an Emeryville with a great big old 220 Cummins and a 5 speed over with 2 speed rearend. Then a B61 with 673P and triplex, then a H model with 673 with a 9sp Mack overdrive. When I got up to a cabover Pete with a 270 Cat and 5 X 3 I thought I was the cock of the walk.

it mite be a good thing we didn't have this kind of stuff. might not have lived to get old.

to young, to far, to fast,