I'm Impressed...

RowdyRebel

So I stopped off at Rural King and picked up a couple 5 gallon buckets of Rotella 15W40 on the way home so I'll have it this weekend when I change the oil. Only place to stick it for the ride home is in the dump trailer, and USUALLY it is incident-free. Not tonight. :pat: I got home, and as usual, I climb into the trailer and place the 2 buckets of oil on the side of the trailer. They USUALLY sit there well enough while I climb out of the trailer to reach them down one at a time, but for some reason the second bucket I set up on the side of the trailer kept going....falling 11 feet down to the asphalt driveway. :o I thought for sure the bucket would split or the lid would pop off and I'd have a mess in the driveway...but I thought wrong. Bucket held, and short of a slight warping of the lid (which caused a little oil to leak out), it wasn't really all that bad. I MIGHT have lost 1/2 gallon at most...but I'd be surprised if it were even that much.

Kudos to whoever spec'd the buckets for Rotella oil....saved me $50 worth of oil :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I passed this info to IL. DEP. They will be sending an investigator to insure PROPER clean-up.

Actually, them buckets are pretty good. But paint buckets leave a nice trail along the road on bumps and fast turns

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

So I stopped off at Rural King and picked up a couple 5 gallon buckets of Rotella 15W40 on the way home so I'll have it this weekend when I change the oil. Only place to stick it for the ride home is in the dump trailer, and USUALLY it is incident-free. Not tonight. :pat: I got home, and as usual, I climb into the trailer and place the 2 buckets of oil on the side of the trailer. They USUALLY sit there well enough while I climb out of the trailer to reach them down one at a time, but for some reason the second bucket I set up on the side of the trailer kept going....falling 11 feet down to the asphalt driveway. :o I thought for sure the bucket would split or the lid would pop off and I'd have a mess in the driveway...but I thought wrong. Bucket held, and short of a slight warping of the lid (which caused a little oil to leak out), it wasn't really all that bad. I MIGHT have lost 1/2 gallon at most...but I'd be surprised if it were even that much.

Kudos to whoever spec'd the buckets for Rotella oil....saved me $50 worth of oil :thumb:

That must have been a huge relief, remember spilling a 5 gallon used oil jug and having to clean it up with a big bag of kitty litter. Not fun at all.

When you first said Rural King I immediately thought of a rural Burger King that served critter burgers and road kill fries :P .

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

That must have been a huge relief, remember spilling a 5 gallon used oil jug and having to clean it up with a big bag of kitty litter. Not fun at all.

When you first said Rural King I immediately thought of a rural Burger King that served critter burgers and road kill fries :P .

Nah...not a burger joint. Much like Tractor Supply Co, Fleet & Farm, Big R, etc...they stock a little bit of everything any man could ever need :thumb:

...heck, almost wish I had a 9. They had 50 round boxes of 9mm for $11.99. For that price, I could ALMOST afford to go shooting once in a while. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

TSC and Farm & Fleet around here has some BABES workin at them...don't know if that holds true at all of them.

Yes they all do. But, some folks prefer 300 pound grain fed heffers.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Just so ya know The manufacture's of the containers are required to test thier container products. The containers are tested to meet certain drop and pressure test Especially for environmentally sensitive items like petroleum products. Addition testing requirements are required for Hazardous materials.