Mack Parts Question

:SMOKIE-RT: Hello All, Hope everyone had a awesome 4th and all is well. Now where does one go to find "Good Used" or "After Market" type parts for a R model Mack. Im looking for good fuel tanks and complete battery box set ups. My fuel tanks i can probably weld if i have to, but the battery boxes and covers are just a memory. The truck sat so long the batterys froze and they cracked and leaked acid and destroyed them. If anybody knows a good Mack junk yard in the USA and hopefully it's a east coast yard or any after market parts places let me know. Thanx, Erik :SMOKIE-LFT:

Remember, we have everything you might need for R-Models NEW...but for used stuff, here is a number somewhere in PA. I have never used them, but I have kept the number handy. 724-245-6110 They claim to have several acres of used Mack stuff...let us know how they treat you!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Hey thanx Barry, I'll give them a try. Just out of curiousity, How much are the new complete battery boxes?.

Im almost sure used ones are gonna be pretty cheesy like mine. But i have to watch my budget as my nagging wife is surely gonna freek out when she finds out how much im spending on what she calls my "Old Sick Dog". Oh yeah, how did you make out on finding those obsolete oil filters i need?, The number was NAPA #1237, Any luck? Thanx again Barry, Erik :chili:

Remember, we have everything you might need for R-Models NEW...

Barry, I'll challenge you on this statement. Did you ever find a LH vent window rubber for me? :idunno: If you ever do run across one, please let me know. This old one with cracks and several different colors of paint around the edges looks rough.

Jeff

1971 Mack R600 Toterhome "Superdawg"

living the life of leisure pulling

1999 NuWa Snowbird 34+2 SE102 "Dawghouse"

Jeff, I still have your note on my "Looking For" clipboard. Still no luck though...Mack replaced the parts with the whole new assembley. I havent been able to find most of the individual parts for the R Mod vents...i will keep my eyes peeled for them though!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Thanks Barry. Just thought I would throw that one in there to keep you on your toes. I would buy the assy. but they have the painted divider where mine are stainless.

Jeff

I used to have a set of new R model vent assemblies I got at an auction several years ago.I really don't think I ever used them,but can't remember for sure.If I can find which trailer they are in,would you be interested?

Superdog, you sound like your storage is like mine. I know it's here, but it may take a day or two to find it. Do the assy. you have have the stainless divider strip? If so, yes I would be interested. I have several assy. but none have good rubber seals and they are no longer available from Mack.

Jeff