Jerryb's Turbo

heard turbo went out. never heard anything more.

what do you think about a partial egr block?

the plate with some 1/4" holes driled in it?

was the plate the premature turbo problem?????????

I think not after talking with him!Just the luck of the draw me thinks!

According to the machine shop the turbo had a bearing seize up. No reason for it, it just happened. The new turbo is doing fine. I've got almost another round in with no probs. :SMOKIE-LFT::thumb::mack1::thumb::SMOKIE-RT:

my bones are definitely missing the vision, but my wallet is not

no mistaking the chn for a luxury car, it's a truck

what do you think about the egr plate with some 1/4" or 1/8" holes in it???????????

maybe let enough through to make every thing work the way it is supposed to, but not enough to get egr cooler very hot ?????????????????

we could call it, the egr screen???????????????

i am feeling like a genius, this dont happen very often, and when it does i always get shot down. let me hear what you think!!

i am feeling like a genius, this dont happen very often, and when it does i always get shot down. let me hear what you think!!

what percentage of restriction would be compatible with rest of the systems ( for them to operate efficiently) and still reduce egr cooler heat?

this would be a mackpro68 question.

and other opinions appreciated.

25% restricted

50% restricted

75% restricted

???????????????????????????????????

what percentage of restriction would be compatible with rest of the systems ( for them to operate efficiently) and still reduce egr cooler heat?

this would be a mackpro68 question.

and other opinions appreciated.

25% restricted

50% restricted

75% restricted

???????????????????????????????????

theoretcally speaking if i could cut the egr cooler's temp by just 50% it should more than double the life of the egr system?

we could call it an egr filter. its time for me to go to bed, as you can tell i've been up far to long.

ramblings of a madman

if i could restrict the egr 25%, could it lower egr cooler temps 50% and still scate through a california dot insp. ??

would it over heat the egr vaulve, turbo, or other coponets???????

i could buy a fleet of low milage 04,05, for penny's on the dollar and make reliable trucks out of them

we could call it an egr filter. its time for me to go to bed, as you can tell i've been up far to long.

ramblings of a madman

if i could restrict the egr 25%, could it lower egr cooler temps 50% and still scate through a california dot insp. ??

would it over heat the egr vaulve, turbo, or other coponets???????

i could buy a fleet of low milage 04,05, for penny's on the dollar and make reliable trucks out of them

That sounds more like you're thinking out loud than rambling to me bigen. keep it up. I put the plate back in mine and it's doing fine. When the EGR cooler cracked cost me about $1300 and it hasn't cracked another since I put in the plate.

Mack has washed their hands of the 04 problems and left us to die so I'm going to keep Obama engineering on mine until something gives. I got another no trouble round under it's belt this week. That's about 9000 miles since a belly-up so that's a new record for it. hooray :chili::clap::chili:

One day I might get brave and try an ECM for a E-teck 460 and throw all the pollution crap away. I keep watching to see if someone here has done that before but haven't seen anything. If all I have to do is switch the ECM I'd do it next week end.

Tell you what fellas I am glad some days I have an OLD RELIABLE truck. 912500 miles and still kicken with very little trouble. I hope that Fix works out for ya...and to hell with commie fornia just don't go out there. I would hate to hear that you got a ticket from those jerks been there done that. Good luck.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

That sounds more like you're thinking out loud than rambling to me bigen. keep it up. I put the plate back in mine and it's doing fine. When the EGR cooler cracked cost me about $1300 and it hasn't cracked another since I put in the plate.

Mack has washed their hands of the 04 problems and left us to die so I'm going to keep Obama engineering on mine until something gives. I got another no trouble round under it's belt this week. That's about 9000 miles since a belly-up so that's a new record for it. hooray :chili::clap::chili:

One day I might get brave and try an ECM for a E-teck 460 and throw all the pollution crap away. I keep watching to see if someone here has done that before but haven't seen anything. If all I have to do is switch the ECM I'd do it next week end.

changing the subject back to the turbo, i never noticed the turbo sound in my cx, in the ch it is realy loud, hear it changing pitch, even drownds out duel exhaust beside doors, below 30 mph. is the cx that much quieter? or is somthing wrong?