Suspension Bolts:

Rob

Where does one purchase the flange head grade 8 shoulder bolts for mounting suspensions to the frame? I've never purchased them before and didn't know if they are a dealer item, or a hardware supplier fastener.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

hi,

I got the last ones I needed for Walts R 205 from carr products, It was refered to as a" body bound bolt" You had to specify the diameter of the shoulder, You had to clamp the two pieces toget her(I just used regular bolts) then ream the hole and then press the bolt in( very slight press fit, but snug). removed the next bolt, reamed the hole and installed next bolt until done. They dont want to give them away either!!!

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

hi,

I got the last ones I needed for Walts R 205 from carr products, It was refered to as a" body bound bolt" You had to specify the diameter of the shoulder, You had to clamp the two pieces toget her(I just used regular bolts) then ream the hole and then press the bolt in( very slight press fit, but snug). removed the next bolt, reamed the hole and installed next bolt until done. They dont want to give them away either!!!

Fred

Hi Fred, is that Mcmaster-Carr? I've never heard of Carr products themselves. If different would you pass the phone number along? I'm working with the air ride cutoff you and I picked up in Ohio mounting under another truck.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thats the same company.... I forgot the Mcmaster part.. opps

Fred

Yea,..... looks like someone FORGOT tha SHIFTING VIDEO with someone on tha hood also. All of the American Truckers would have loved it. :pat:

Only a few of us Want-a-Be Truckers could have benefited from a nice educational video. It would have been a one of a kind. :(

mike

Where does one purchase the flange head grade 8 shoulder bolts for mounting suspensions to the frame? I've never purchased them before and didn't know if they are a dealer item, or a hardware supplier fastener.

Thanks,

Rob

Here's where we get them:

http://www.takeittoaccurate.com/4SuspensionWarehouse.htm

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Here's where we get them:

http://www.takeittoa...onWarehouse.htm

Thanks Herb, when my hard drive died a couple months ago I had lost that link you'd sent earlier.

Getting the rears out of the B67 this weekend. Finally back on my feet after wrenching my back Tuesday at work.

Thanks,

Rob