B Model Cab On R Model Frame

I was curious if anyone has ever seen a B model cab put on an R model frame? I'm in the process of making my B75 tandem and I've picked up an R model for all the donor parts. People keep telling me I should just put the B model cab on the R model frame that is already tandem. I haven't done any measuring yet, but I'm really curious if it's even possible without tons of fabrication. Me personally, I would rather keep the B model frame under the B model, just wondering what everybody else thinks.

I was curious if anyone has ever seen a B model cab put on an R model frame? I'm in the process of making my B75 tandem and I've picked up an R model for all the donor parts. People keep telling me I should just put the B model cab on the R model frame that is already tandem. I haven't done any measuring yet, but I'm really curious if it's even possible without tons of fabrication. Me personally, I would rather keep the B model frame under the B model, just wondering what everybody else thinks.

there was at one time a b model to r conversion !I see no reason the other way about would not work!

The area where I live there is a converted b!

there was at one time a b model to r conversion !I see no reason the other way about would not work!

The area where I live there is a converted b!

Cant see why it wouldnt work, an old timer years ago in buffalo switched his B53 truck to a r model cab and hood, the truck just sold after his death for $ 4000, truck was still road worthy.

Green Giant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I have seen it done but did not take any measurements. I know some of the cab mounts were fabricated and not original to either a B, or R model truck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Cant see why it wouldnt work, an old timer years ago in buffalo switched his B53 truck to a r model cab and hood, the truck just sold after his death for $ 4000, truck was still road worthy.

Green Giant2

The other problem I might have to deal with is that I want to do this with a B75. The only B models I've heard of on R model frames are short nose trucks like B61 style. The B75 is like 9 inches longer in the nose so I'm going to be doing some careful measuring this weekend.

In case anyone is interested in the topic... try this link out found a little info on converted B models. its a PDF you have to go down to page 25.

http://www.macktrucks.com/assets/mack/BulldogMag2006V2_PDF.pdf

Hey interesting article, i wonder how many of the conversion kits are still around. i wish i had looked at Binners truck (the one that was converted)before it was sold. could of looked at the difference between the two

Green Giant2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

after some measuring, it looks like the biggest problem I'm going to have to deal with is that the R model front axle is like 6 inches wider than the b model. So I guess my tires might stick out of the fenders a little bit.

Be sure to measure spring perch centers too. You may be able to swap the axle over if they are the same. If I remember correctly the 72 R model I have has the same measurement as a B61.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.