Sitting Too Much Could Be Deadly

Double L

Is this why so many school kids and truck driver's are overweight or obese? This is a waste of money and a stupid study.

Link LONDON – Here's a new warning from health experts: Sitting is deadly.

Scientists are increasingly warning that sitting for prolonged periods — even if you also exercise regularly — could be bad for your health. And it doesn't matter where the sitting takes place — at the office, at school, in the car or before a computer or TV — just the overall number of hours it occurs.

Research is preliminary, but several studies suggest people who spend most of their days sitting are more likely to be fat, have a heart attack or even die.

Oh........I can see it now...................

"Newsflash".............walking and running is deadly due to the high risk of getting run over by some shmuck that is texting/talking/doing their taxes while driving. It's better to just stay at home and sit around.

:pat:

Sad part is if people would eat properly they wouldn't get FAT!!! Duh. My job is alot of sitting around and I'm not obese. Oh, I watch what I eat and it takes care of itself.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Actually, if you look at the majority of todays youth,yes there is a problem.

Sitting at home, playing games on the computer, eating sh-- for snacks, then not hungry for a real meal(home cooked not McD)

Nobody plays outside anymore, too many namby pamby parents are so concerned about "GERMS", they bathe them in anti-biotic soaps and stuff. Body does not build defenses against many common germs, erego the child becomes sickly.

Excersize- sorry but playing Madden 2010 does not make you a football player.

They don't really socialize anymore unless its sitonmyfacebook. Or the cell phone.

Luckily my son-16- is an outdoors type, hunting, fishing.

Not a slcker like his father sitting on the computer at 11:45 am

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Oh........I can see it now...................

pat.gif

Sad part is if people would eat properly they wouldn't get FAT!!! Duh. My job is alot of sitting around and I'm not obese. Oh, I watch what I eat and it takes care of itself.

I have to side with the obese people. I've tried every trick in the book to reduce but nothing seems to work, (for me). Hell I can't get below the "magic 300" or so to feel positive accomplishment.

On another note: If you'll find me a power steering unit for my B67, I could install a smaller steering wheel and actually have the wheel return to center after turn completion rather than my gut putting the brakes on the rim. Think how much fun that truck would be to drive instead of looking at photos and making motor sounds with my lips as I imagine a road trip.

My wife, (although sympathetic) says my ears are starting to sag from my belly weight, and gravity pulling on them.

I get no respect around here, only ridicule as she shoves another cheeseburger in my bowl.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.