04 Vision Coolant Problems--Thanks

JerryB

Thanks to Fred and Bruce for your valuable info and service bulletins we've found the problem.

After much much head scratching :pat: and inventing a few new cuss words :pat: and re-reading what you guys said and then re-reading the service bulletins you sent on the coolant system we've found the problem. It wasn't the water pump as I suspected, it was a thermostat sticking, but only sticking sometimes. If I was a mooselimb I'd send you guys 3 or 4 virgins each in appreciation but since I'm not mooselimb I'm having trouble finding them for you. :chili: :chili: It's time for my weekly Chicago tour so my wife and countless bill collectors say thanks for helping me.

Thanks to both of you,

JerryB

I hope bigen is having good luck with his coolant woes.

Edited by JerryB

Thanks to Fred and Bruce for your valuable info and service bulletins we've found the problem.

After much much head scratching pat.gif and inventing a few new cuss words pat.gif and re-reading what you guys said and then re-reading the service bulletins you sent on the coolant system we've found the problem. It wasn't the water pump as I suspected, it was a thermostat sticking, but only sticking sometimes. If I was a mooselimb I'd send you guys 3 or 4 virgins each in appreciation but since I'm not mooselimb I'm having trouble finding them for you. chili.gifchili.gif It's time for my weekly Chicago tour so my wife and countless bill collectors say thanks for helping me.

Thanks to both of you,

JerryB

Good work!

Your welcome !

were here to help if we can!

i emailed pictures of my madvac 101d to both dealers trying to get them to take it on trade along with my 2004. hoping they may need a good parking lot cleaner, seen them on the intrnet for 10/15 grand offering it for 7 grand on the trade. well see.

After much much head scratching :pat: and inventing a few new cuss words :pat: and re-reading what you guys said and then re-reading the service bulletins you sent on the coolant system we've found the problem. It wasn't the water pump as I suspected, it was a thermostat sticking, but only sticking sometimes. If I was a mooselimb I'd send you guys 3 or 4 virgins each in appreciation but since I'm not mooselimb I'm having trouble finding them for you. :chili: :chili: It's time for my weekly Chicago tour so my wife and countless bill collectors say thanks for helping me.

Thanks to both of you,

JerryB

Glad you found it. The new ASET thermostat kit has 2 different thermostat's, one opens at 180 and the other at 185, that way they dont both open at the same time and cause a surge of coolant that causes coolant push. Also they have thicker O-rings so the thermostat housing dosent get a cold water leak in the winter time. Also we have seen the thermostat hitting the water manifold when installed. Mack says replace the water manifold with a new style with more clearance but we use a die grinder to make room. It wasnt an offical service bulletin but something the engineers sent me a few years ago. If I find it I will post it.