Where'd Double L Run Off To:

Rob

I dunno...you seem to think you got a deal at the J, so I figured I may as well try... :lol:

Haha I know I didn't get a deal. You know how much they want for a Wilson 5000.....$135! I wanted to get a 102" whip but I would have had to order it online and I didn't feel like doing that.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha I know I didn't get a deal. You know how much they want for a Wilson 5000.....$135! I wanted to get a 102" whip but I would have had to order it online and I didn't feel like doing that.

You could drive up here, buy the antenna and drive back home for $135.

OR...had I known you were looking, I would've sold you mine for $68.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

You could drive up here, buy the antenna and drive back home for $135.

OR...had I known you were looking, I would've sold you mine for $68.

My truck isn't that bad on gas. $68 for a 102" I'll pass on that one. I bought it well over a year ago.

There's too much around here...Sapp Bros, Flying J, Pilot and Loves.

Let's see...I got a Rhodes 101 down on the South side of Cape Girardeau.....or there's a BP in Marion....otherwise, the nearest "truck stop" is down in Paducah. Sure, we got fuel stops here & there...most of 'em with only 1 or 2 diesel pumps...and if you are lucky, you get a high-flow nozzle (Tuts in Marion, ZX in Carbondale...IF you pull up to the correct island)....and if you are REALLY lucky, even a satellite pump (FS in Marion, MCS in Mitchellsville, Phillips 66 in Perryville by the Chester bridge, Motomart in Perryville by the interstate)...

I just pull in anywhere that sells diesel the cheapest and fill up. Sometimes cars get pi$$ed because I'll be blocking 2 other sets of pumps with the trailer while I'm fueling the truck, but I don't care. Nobody's ever been brave enough to say something rude to my face about it... B) That is the nice thing about buying my own fuel....ain't gotta run 20 miles out of route to get to a company approved fuel stop, then run those 20 miles back to continue on with my day. Usually takes me 15 minutes to fuel up and no out-of-route miles. One time, though, I pulled into the wrong pump at the ZX...first time I had ever fueled there...and the pump was s-l-o-w :pat: Took 45 minutes to pump 65 gallons :angry: Oh well...gave me time to walk around looking to see IF they had high-flow nozzles on any of their pumps. They do. Next time (if there is a next time), I'll pull up to that pump and see if it goes faster.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

We don't have a Love's down here. They did manage to finally build a SpeedCo a year or so ago along with a Blue Beacon at the same time.

Isn't that Loves open yet? I've seen 'em building one over that way....I think around 70 & 127....Greenville?

I avoid them big truck stops like the plague. Hell, most of the little places still let you refill your coffee mug for free when you fill up...and even if they DO charge, it's well under $1. Them big chains are well over $1....plus tax....and that's if you use your own friggin mug! :angry: The ONLY time I ever use one of them is if I'm out on the road, need fuel, but I ain't where I need to be & can't have a time stamp. :wacko:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I try to avoid truck stops altogether. Call in your information, wait to turn on the pump, pump your fuel, pull forward...go inside, make small talk with snaggle-tooth fuel girl, sign your receipt.

There's a Shell in Peru, an FS in Princeton...so no matter where I'm coming from I can get to either one. Pull up, pump your fuel...either pay at pump or go inside to pay. Minimal time. Usually its cheaper at these places too.

But I finally got a fuel tank and get it delivered most of the time. Easier, less price variation and one bill every couple weeks, rather than a mountain of receipts.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Isn't that Loves open yet? I've seen 'em building one over that way....I think around 70 & 127....Greenville?

I avoid them big truck stops like the plague. Hell, most of the little places still let you refill your coffee mug for free when you fill up...and even if they DO charge, it's well under $1. Them big chains are well over $1....plus tax....and that's if you use your own friggin mug! :angry: The ONLY time I ever use one of them is if I'm out on the road, need fuel, but I ain't where I need to be & can't have a time stamp. :wacko:

I didn't even know they were even building a Love's in Greenville.

We got a Road Ranger here former Piasa Pantry in Hartford about a couple miles from me. I go there all the time for Subway or some Virginia cashews. If I remember I think Pilot owns Road Ranger now. Believe it or not it's a pretty little hole in the wall with about parking spaces for about 20-30 trucks or so but it never gets that full.

I try to avoid truck stops altogether. Call in your information, wait to turn on the pump, pump your fuel, pull forward...go inside, make small talk with snaggle-tooth fuel girl, sign your receipt.

There's a Shell in Peru, an FS in Princeton...so no matter where I'm coming from I can get to either one. Pull up, pump your fuel...either pay at pump or go inside to pay. Minimal time. Usually its cheaper at these places too.

But I finally got a fuel tank and get it delivered most of the time. Easier, less price variation and one bill every couple weeks, rather than a mountain of receipts.

That sounds like a good deal. I don't like to fuel anywhere that won't turn the pumps on for me WITHOUT walking in to give them a card. I don't even like using those stupid phones. Running local, the places that regularly have the best prices know me. Even if they don't, the company I'm leased to is written real big on the trailer, and the truck & trailer both have numbers on them that would be easy enough to track me down.

What bugs me most at the big chains (especially Pilot) is that I have to go in, wait in line, and then GUESS how much money it is going to take to fill my tank....then I go out and pump my fuel. If I guessed wrong on the low side, I can't finish filling the tank. If I guessed on the high side, I have to go wait in line (again) so that they can credit the card with the difference. Either way, though, I have to wait in line that second time in order to get the receipt that has the gallons printed on it. Flying J & TA, they just swipe the card inside at the fuel desk (after you waited in line once) and then you have to go back and wait in line again to get the receipt. Other places want to hold onto the card while I'm pumping the fuel.

I like the places where I pull in, stick the pump in the tank and turn it on...then when I'm done fueling, I go inside and release my ummm....processed....coffee, refill my mug with fresh coffee, pay for my fuel, and leave.

I don't have any problem Mr. gun toting racist redneck sir. :lol:

I want that damn Confederate flag sticker. :thumb: But if I put that on my truck people would think I'm suffering from an identity crisis. :lol::P

That other pic was on my trip out to Montana last summer in the Ranger. Surprised nobody said nuthin' about the .45 on my hip B)

I got room ta haul a gun or two in ALL my trucks...

F250

l_5fa49faca4c0c62b699355d369fa4fcc.jpg

Mack

l_54ad7ecea2454702929987a9fb96eadf.jpg

All the guns in the world ain't gonna do ya a lick a good if'n ya ain't got 'em with ya when the fit hits the shan. :thumb:

That other pic was on my trip out to Montana last summer in the Ranger. Surprised nobody said nuthin' about the .45 on my hip B)

I got room ta haul a gun or two in ALL my trucks...

F250

l_5fa49faca4c0c62b699355d369fa4fcc.jpg

Mack

l_54ad7ecea2454702929987a9fb96eadf.jpg

All the guns in the world ain't gonna do ya a lick a good if'n ya ain't got 'em with ya when the fit hits the shan. :thumb:

how true

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Another picture to work with...saved...I'm trying to quit, but nobody's helping...too bad Rob doesn't post more pictures-he's not on my "i'm tryin' to quit" list.

P.S.- If you ever get down towards Virginia, please give me 2 days notice, so I can be somewhere else.

Now Tom you know you want to Photoshop all the pictures that have been posted. At least you don't chase after 15 year old girls like the former U.N weapons inspector who just got busted by a female cop posing as a 15 year old girl.

I don't?..I mean I DON'T!!!!