12 Speed Conversion

dirtfarmer163

There's got to be a way to do it. Just look on some of the "largecar" sites. All the show truck guys are doing it with 18 speeds, to make them look like two-sticks.

see we don't want a look like 2 stick i have seen that bs before im talkin a true machanical linkage to the shift fork like the old 2 stick six speeds had

thanks matt

so can anyone tell me if it is possable to do

I heavily doubt it. The auxiliary section that is air shifted uses air cylinders that are internal. There is no external mechanical connection that is able to be shifted with a stick or linkage.

Welcome to the forum. And I dont want to sound mean but proper punctuation makes posts easier to read.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I have yet to see a air shift 12 speed converted to a 2 stick. I dont think they were ever set up for manual linkage so it wont work. The older 6 speeds had the shift cover do all the work in the aux box so it could be manual or air depending on the cover you installed. I like 2 stick transmissions but I think the 12 speed with its clutch packs and short splits that work the aux box is beeter suited with air. let us know if you find more info on this...

so can anyone tell me if it is possable to do

Anything is possible! How much money do you have? You would need to build a new shift lid arragment!

To involved for the average guy Id think!The lid has a lock out arangment inside that locks out the forward gears ya don't want to break somthing!

Anything is possible! How much money do you have? You would need to build a new shift lid arragment!

To involved for the average guy Id think!The lid has a lock out arangment inside that locks out the forward gears ya don't want to break somthing!

Lets see.

1st you have the hi lo range shifter that is used with the clutch packs

then you have the Low Low "dash switch" to use the lowest gear in the box.

then you have the Reverse sshifter. all of these would have to be figured out in the shift pattern. Even if you removed the clutch packs you still have to find a way to get all the gears to slide around to enguage or not enguage. Money talks but its not really worth it to get 2 sticks from it as it works pretty darn good as it is. I always say its one of the best boxes Mack ever put behind a maxidyne.