Arrow Trucking Shuts Down

Double L

I feel sorry for the these driver's who are stranded out there. The company didn't even have the decency to let tell them they are going out of business. Most companies would have gave their driver's notice. I read other reports and it says for some time now a driver was stranded at a truck dealer because Arrow couldn't pay the $1500 repair bill. Most of these driver's are stuck without fuel money because the company deactivated their fuel cards and when they tried to get fuel they couldn't. This is wrong on all levels! I didn't expect them to go out of business because they were hauling oversize loads here for the ConocoPhillips refinery expansion. But supposedly the owner is/was facing charges of embezzlement.

Arrow Trucking Shuts Down BREAKING NEWS: Arrow drivers wake to nightmare before Christmas

Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009 – On Tuesday, as many as 1,400 truck drivers for Arrow Trucking Co., based out of Tulsa, OK, have been frantically trying to figure out their next moves as the company unexpectedly announced it was “suspending all operations” that day.

Truckers started calling in to the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association and Land Line after they were awakened with phone calls from their dispatchers alerting them to the grim news that the company was shutting its doors and that their instructions were to turn in their trucks to the nearest Freightliner dealership. However, no instructions were given for drivers of International trucks.

One OOIDA member told Land Line on Tuesday, Dec. 22, that he had a bad feeling this was coming down the pike when his fuel card didn’t work at a truck stop the previous night. As of press time, the company driver, who didn’t want to be named, was stranded at a Freightliner dealership in Roanoke, VA, because he didn’t have enough fuel to make it to his delivery in Maryland.

I feel sorry for the these driver's who are stranded out there. The company didn't even have the decency to let tell them they are going out of business. Most companies would have gave their driver's notice. I read other reports and it says for some time now a driver was stranded at a truck dealer because Arrow couldn't pay the $1500 repair bill. Most of these driver's are stuck without fuel money because the company deactivated their fuel cards and when they tried to get fuel they couldn't. This is wrong on all levels! I didn't expect them to go out of business because they were hauling oversize loads here for the ConocoPhillips refinery expansion. But supposedly the owner is/was facing charges of embezzlement.

Maybe out of spite I'd loosen the drain plug, run the oil out and hold the gas pedal to the floor...and say f&*k you!

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Maybe out of spite I'd loosen the drain plug, run the oil out and hold the gas pedal to the floor...and say f&*k you!

...or sell any and every part I could find a buyer for in order to finance the rental of a car to get me & my stuff home.

...stereo, seats, tires, batteries, lights, fenders, tanks, etc. EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Enterprise...they'll pick you up :thumb:

The only other option would be to fuel the truck on my own dime to get me home...and then hold the truck as collateral until I was reimbursed every penny I was owed (including the fuel money to get home).

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

...or sell any and every part I could find a buyer for in order to finance the rental of a car to get me & my stuff home.

...stereo, seats, tires, batteries, lights, fenders, tanks, etc. EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Enterprise...they'll pick you up :thumb:

The only other option would be to fuel the truck on my own dime to get me home...and then hold the truck as collateral until I was reimbursed every penny I was owed (including the fuel money to get home).

That's what I would do under those circumstances.

And I know a guy that did hold a truck until he got the money he was owed, in the 80's. He brought the Astro he was driving home and chained it to a tree in his yard.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's what I would do under those circumstances.

And I know a guy that did hold a truck until he got the money he was owed, in the 80's. He brought the Astro he was driving home and chained it to a tree in his yard.

There were 405 trucking failures in the third quarter of 2009 that took 14,000 plus trucks off the road. The shippers and brokers are killing this industry. In Tampa where I live you can get a triaxle dump truck for $45 per hour all day long. We were getting that for a triaxle in central NY in 1981, except trucks were 75k new and fuel was not $3.00 per gallon.

The problem is there is always some guy with his truck (and probably house too!) mortgaged to the sky who will take a poor paying load just for the case flow and the brokers know it. And with the current state of affairs even the big companies will take a bad load just to move a truck.

I hope when this does turn around the trucking industry at all levels jams it right up the shippers and brokers ass. You will hear all types of crying and whining from them about unfair prices and being taken advantage by the truckers.

The trucking industry has to share some of the blame. It has allowed the brokers and shippers to dictate pricing, terms and conditions and payment schedules, all in the name of attempting to build greater market share and business levels.

Bottom Line: You have to get paid a fair price for what you do and you have to get paid on time.

There were 405 trucking failures in the third quarter of 2009 that took 14,000 plus trucks off the road. The shippers and brokers are killing this industry. In Tampa where I live you can get a triaxle dump truck for $45 per hour all day long. We were getting that for a triaxle in central NY in 1981, except trucks were 75k new and fuel was not $3.00 per gallon.

Damn...around here tandem axle dump trucks are getting low-mid $60's.

I know I haven't been an O/O for very long (3 yrs) and have no room to bitch, but around here since the steel market went soft and the steel mill shut down...a lot of the steel haulers bought wet kits and certain brokers took them on, gave them rented dump trailers and turned 'em loose. Guys had no clue on anything, trying to drive 270" wheelbase trucks where I can barely get mine with 187"....market saturation=less $$.

I kinda hope that all this downtrodden economy culls the herd some...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

The flat bed binness is the same way. We get paid by percentage and every load paid pretty good. They wouldn't take a load if they couldn't make a profit, wouldn't haul cheap freight. Then you get big companies like say, TMC, and they come along and cut the rates so low you can't compete. They took several of our hauls out of this area altogether, and some others that we used to be the main carrier for we now only get a load here and there if they don't have a truck available.

Other Dog, at least ole Moore doesn't have to compete with Baxter Huss anymore. Did TMC takeover the Griffith Pipe account in Lynchburg or when Baxter Huss sold Huss Inc. to Western did Western get the account?

Western Express is in the old Huss terminal in Madison Heights, but TMC opened a terminal at Concord Turnpike and old 460, right on the corner there across from where Templeton's Market used to be before they put the bypass in.

Western Express was hauling most of the pipe from Griffin, but now I see mostly TMC hauling it.

Western Express is in the old Huss terminal in Madison Heights, but TMC opened a terminal at Concord Turnpike and old 460, right on the corner there across from where Templeton's Market used to be before they put the bypass in.

Western Express was hauling most of the pipe from Griffin, but now I see mostly TMC hauling it.

Yeah I knew Western took over Huss' terminal. I know they closed down the Chase City yard and most of the old Huss driver's went ahead and leased on with Western pulling flatbed. I know Huss had a terminal in Norfolk running out the US Gypsum plant which I believe Western also took over. It doesn't surprise me that TMC is hauling out of there, they probably cut the rate big time. Actually I think TMC was running black pipe out of Iowa since there is another Griffin Pipe plant in Iowa as well.

Yeah I knew Western took over Huss' terminal. I know they closed down the Chase City yard and most of the old Huss driver's went ahead and leased on with Western pulling flatbed. I know Huss had a terminal in Norfolk running out the US Gypsum plant which I believe Western also took over. It doesn't surprise me that TMC is hauling out of there, they probably cut the rate big time. Actually I think TMC was running black pipe out of Iowa since there is another Griffin Pipe plant in Iowa as well.

Yeah, i'm sure they did. We never did haul much of that pipe anyway, Huss had that pretty much covered and H.H. pretty much had all the Montague-Betts freight and kyanite mining. We would get a load of it from Huss sometimes when they were real busy.

Yeah, i'm sure they did. We never did haul much of that pipe anyway, Huss had that pretty much covered and H.H. pretty much had all the Montague-Betts freight and kyanite mining. We would get a load of it from Huss sometimes when they were real busy.

Never been to Montage-Betts or Kyanite Mining. Been to Griffin Pipe in Lynchburg and the Gyp plants in Norfolk and Baltimore along with running up and down I-95 and the Northeast too many times to count myself. :wacko::blink:

Never been to Montage-Betts or Kyanite Mining. Been to Griffin Pipe in Lynchburg and the Gyp plants in Norfolk and Baltimore along with running up and down I-95 and the Northeast too many times to count myself. :wacko::blink:

Montague-Betts was a big structural steel plant in Lynchburg. Actually they had 2 plants, the south plant near the airport and the north plant near the stadium. We hauled steel all over from there-lots to Boston, the Pittsburgh area, Baltimore and northern Va. They shut down and Hirschfield Steel was in the old South plant for a while, and one of the top Hirschfield guys, Don Banker, went on his own and started Banker Steel in the old North Plant. Then Hirschfield left and Banker Steel then moved part of their operation back to the south plant, so they are now about the same as Montague-Betts was in the 80's. And the main reason Montague-Betts gave for selling in the first place was that there wasn't enough business to keep them going. My next door neighbor works for Banker Steel now and he started with Montague-Betts then worked for Hirschfield, so he still works in the same place, but for 3 different companies.

Montague-Betts was a big structural steel plant in Lynchburg. Actually they had 2 plants, the south plant near the airport and the north plant near the stadium. We hauled steel all over from there-lots to Boston, the Pittsburgh area, Baltimore and northern Va. They shut down and Hirschfield Steel was in the old South plant for a while, and one of the top Hirschfield guys, Don Banker, went on his own and started Banker Steel in the old North Plant. Then Hirschfield left and Banker Steel then moved part of their operation back to the south plant, so they are now about the same as Montague-Betts was in the 80's. And the main reason Montague-Betts gave for selling in the first place was that there wasn't enough business to keep them going. My next door neighbor works for Banker Steel now and he started with Montague-Betts then worked for Hirschfield, so he still works in the same place, but for 3 different companies.

I didn't even know Lynchburg had a steel industry. I was wondering where H.H. Moore was getting their steel from to take up to the Northeast. My uncle has a friend who drives for H.H. Moore.

I didn't even know Lynchburg had a steel industry. I was wondering where H.H. Moore was getting their steel from to take up to the Northeast. My uncle has a friend who drives for H.H. Moore.

That's what I disliked most, that the biggest part of it went to the northeast. For a while we'd run 2, and sometimes 3, trips to Boston every week. I don't care if I never go to Boston again!

Story is the main reason PGT bought out H.H.Moore Jr. Trucking Co. was to get the Banker Steel account.

That's what I disliked most, that the biggest part of it went to the northeast. For a while we'd run 2, and sometimes 3, trips to Boston every week. I don't care if I never go to Boston again!

Story is the main reason PGT bought out H.H.Moore Jr. Trucking Co. was to get the Banker Steel account.

I think you mentioned that about PGT buying out H.H. Moore. Are they keeping H.H. Moore separate or combing operations and making it PGT?

I think you mentioned that about PGT buying out H.H. Moore. Are they keeping H.H. Moore separate or combing operations and making it PGT?

It'a all PGT. They took H.H.Moore Jr. off the truck doors and put PGT on them. They're still running some of the old H.H.Moore trucks but they're going to the newer PGT IH's as they phase the older trucks out.

It'a all PGT. They took H.H.Moore Jr. off the truck doors and put PGT on them. They're still running some of the old H.H.Moore trucks but they're going to the newer PGT IH's as they phase the older trucks out.

Your with F.L. Moore ain't ya? Wasn't H.H. going down the drain for awhile anyway hence why PGT stepped in? Isn't H.H.'s yard also in Concord?

Your with F.L. Moore ain't ya? Wasn't H.H. going down the drain for awhile anyway hence why PGT stepped in? Isn't H.H.'s yard also in Concord?

Yeah, been at F.L.Moore and Sons 5 years now. Was at H.H.'s 25 and a half. I left mainly because of the low-life good for nothing a-hole dispatcher they had at the time. Got along with most everybody 'til he crawled in.

Now I wish i'd left sooner because I run south and west instead of northeast all the time, got a better truck, and make more money. I really like Bonnie and Larry Moore though, can't say anything bad about them.

Their yard is just west of Appomattox on 460. We're about 8 or 9 miles further west.

Yeah, been at F.L.Moore and Sons 5 years now. Was at H.H.'s 25 and a half. I left mainly because of the low-life good for nothing a-hole dispatcher they had at the time. Got along with most everybody 'til he crawled in.

Now I wish i'd left sooner because I run south and west instead of northeast all the time, got a better truck, and make more money. I really like Bonnie and Larry Moore though, can't say anything bad about them.

Their yard is just west of Appomattox on 460. We're about 8 or 9 miles further west.

Technically you been working for the Moore family 30 and a half years if you really think about it. What you mean got a better truck? If it ain't a Mack it's not a "better" truck. :thumb::lol:

Technically you been working for the Moore family 30 and a half years if you really think about it. What you mean got a better truck? If it ain't a Mack it's not a "better" truck. :thumb::lol:

yep, it's all in the family. I haven't driven a Mack, except for my cement mixer, since about 1983 when I got out of a '79 F-model. The first brand new K100 H.H. bought for me was an '83 model.

Jeff put me in a nice W900L at first, then he traded it for the Pete i'm driving now. It's nice, top of the line. Shame the sumbitch stays brokedown so much. Maybe that's why the previous owner only kept it a year. I really wish Jeff had kept the Kenworth-it was nice too, and the N14 (525 hp) never malfunctioned. It had almost 700,000 miles on it when he traded it.