Code 8-4

JerryB

Gentlemen once again I ask for your valuable experience. My 2004 CX with 460 has a dead miss on #4 cylinder and the lightning bolt trouble light gives me a n 8-4 code. Do I need to take my truck to a diagnosis computer or just swap the EUP and then go get the new pump calibrated?

Check the Codes out on this site! http://www.nortrux.com/index.php?page_id=1033

There are 3 different EUP pumps. A different on for each type of engine, ETECH, CCRS/AI ETECH and AC ETECH. You have the the AC version. Hope they have them in stock. The EUP for the AI ETECH is on backorder, 1,5032 are on back order and we have a truck with 2 down and wont get one till after new years. Truck still runs but has codes and a rough idle, going down the road , its OK.

There are 3 different EUP pumps. A different on for each type of engine, ETECH, CCRS/AI ETECH and AC ETECH. You have the the AC version. Hope they have them in stock. The EUP for the AI ETECH is on backorder, 1,5032 are on back order and we have a truck with 2 down and wont get one till after new years. Truck still runs but has codes and a rough idle, going down the road , its OK.

Thanks again for the code site fjh. and thanks for the info MackPro68, Mack-Houston had one in stock so I put it in and a new injector line on today. Mack didn't have time to calibrate it today so I'll get that tomorrow but it runs smooth as silk again now.

Thats disgusting !Some one droped the ball on that one!

I think if it dosent have a "red" motor in it MACK/VOLVO doesn't care if you get parts or not.

Me as a Mack parts customer, seem to have to deal with this almost every time you go to get parts they are backorderd or discontinued or superseded to a part that wont work.

But we have parts for that new truck outside sitting on the lot.

I know they are losing many loyal Mack customers for years over volvo's ignorance

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM