LOL! Camelbacks are some rough riders...but they get the job done! I have seen some guys cut some leaves out on rear springs, nit sure if anyone ever tried it on a camelback? Freighttrain?? Any words of wisdom?

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Im not a victim of a weak bladder yet, lol. Im not willing to take out any springs tho. I will put the air ride cut off that i have under it pretty soon. With my part time job, that i start next week, i will have to bobtail 20 miles. You guys maybe seeing me up north pretty soon. I will be hauling styrofoam throughout pennsylvania. Light duty for the old dog, lol.

I cut my single axle springs down. Much easier on the ol trailer. It actually lets the axle MOVE up and down now LOL! Some day I want to slip in an air ride.

Dale cut his camels down on his B. He posted pics way back when.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Im not a victim of a weak bladder yet, lol. Im not willing to take out any springs tho. I will put the air ride cut off that i have under it pretty soon. With my part time job, that i start next week, i will have to bobtail 20 miles. You guys maybe seeing me up north pretty soon. I will be hauling styrofoam throughout pennsylvania. Light duty for the old dog, lol.

Show Dog i just got done putting airride under my B, it rides alot better with an empty trailer on but bobtailing it dosent ride any better than camelback except when you hit a big bump, dont know weather it was worth the trouble, money. Ron

My personal opinion: AIR RIDE SUCKS! I had 1 dump truck with air ride, got rid of it real quick. Spring suspension is the ONLY way to go. A B model with air ride is no longer original. Again, this is my personal opinion.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Well, it's not going to cost me a dime. I have spokes on the rear now. the air ride cut off that i have is hub piloted. My trunion is suspect, and i want the truck to be 4 feet longer. So it's beneficial for me. Im going to do it in my own shop. We changed my dads r model from camel back to a mack air ride. I know his truck is longer than mine, but it rides much better than my superliner with the camelback. Im pretty sure all of you guys know those damn trunions crack, lol.