Atf Fluid In Fuel Filter

tylerstanley

Somebody told me today if you fill your primary filter with ATF fluid and screw it on (doing an oil change) that this would clean your injectors better than anything you can use???? Is this correct? i dont want to do this to our motors and screw them up. We have asets and two mp8's. Would you reccomend this?

Somebody told me today if you fill your primary filter with ATF fluid and screw it on (doing an oil change) that this would clean your injectors better than anything you can use???? Is this correct? i dont want to do this to our motors and screw them up. We have asets and two mp8's. Would you reccomend this?

No,There are plenty of fuel additives you can use to help keep your injectors clean,The best thing to do is just buy your fuel from a good source and change your filters at the recommended hours.Also you would have some fun trying to start your engine with atf in your fuel filter.

Nope I would not recomend that on any of the new engines These new engines have enough problems with out poeple tring wives tales on them!

you don't know what you'll do to the dpf, Great big crap shoot to many things to be upset by tring an experiment! Injectors are only one part of the system. to much else going on here!

Don't do it.

that was my thinking..... im glad you told me no. We normally fill up the filter with lucas fuel treatment stuff, and that worked well, or i should say it did not screw up anything...... has anybody else used lucas? Can they tell a difference? Also, what about getting your valves adjusted at 100,000 mile intervals? Our dealer wants us to, but I wanted to know if you would see a fuel increase and better jake brake (or powerleash) power after the adjust? Thanks!