Flywheel Housing And Flywheel

Rob

I have this 12V-71 Detroit engine as many of you already know. I wonder if a #1, or #2 flywheel housing from an 8V-71 series engine will fit to the back of this? My engine is from a genset, and has a 00 housing on it now, with a direct mount generator. I would also need the correct flywheel for the housing to allow for truck usage.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

Have you been to the Detroit Diesel message board? Someone over there will have your info. As I remember most all that stuff will interchange on a Detroit.

Chuck

Hi Chuck, thanks for responding. Do you know the web address for that site? I can't have any luck with google.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,

It looks like you found your way there. I didn't have the site address handy when I posted last. I've always liked those old 2 stroke Detroits myself. I have several of them in Allis Chalmers crawlers. Good luck with your project.

Chuck

Rob,

It looks like you found your way there. I didn't have the site address handy when I posted last. I've always liked those old 2 stroke Detroits myself. I have several of them in Allis Chalmers crawlers. Good luck with your project.

Chuck

Thanks for all the help. I located a #1 flywheel housing from a junk 8V-71, and now need to find a flywheel and starter. I'm sure the hard part is done with the housing.

Thanks again to all.

Rob

Rob,

I don't know what will work and what won't,but I got a 8V71T with a scored piston,probably locked up by now anyway,it's all there,come pick off what you need.Gotta 9513 behind it I need to get yanked off for another guy,if you think any of it will do you some good,let me know.

PS

Still ain't found one of those rubber pieces you need that was in better shape than the one you have,but I still have a couple trailers to look thru.

Rob,

I don't know what will work and what won't,but I got a 8V71T with a scored piston,probably locked up by now anyway,it's all there,come pick off what you need.Gotta 9513 behind it I need to get yanked off for another guy,if you think any of it will do you some good,let me know.

PS

Still ain't found one of those rubber pieces you need that was in better shape than the one you have,but I still have a couple trailers to look thru.

Thanks Superdog for your time. I shoud be getting my cab back from the blaster any day now. It's not jamming my schedule up as I don't have a lot of time to work on it anyway at this point.

I brought the Detroit home today. What a load!! Here are a few pictures of a little bit of the challenge. I apologize if I annoy anyone with the pictures.

Rob