Hello From North Bay, Ont

Ironman

Hi gang ! Hi Barry

Awesome site. My names Glenn. 47 yr old grampa of 2. father of 2

I'm semi retired from driving long haul for Laidlaw and now help my wife out with her home run business.

My dad once told me, "once you start truck driving you will always have it in your blood." I thought, Naaa.. I can take it or leave. It's just a job.

Well... I've been off the road for 3 years now.. Damn I miss it LOL I always watch some of those sweet looking rigs drive through our town, and miss the trips.

miss the trucks.. miss the power... miss the pried

I just came across an opportunity of a life time. I was at a local car show and swap meet. In one of the booths a guy had pictures of a bunch of rigs he had for sale. One cot my eye. A 1957 B61 Mack in very ruff condition but still drivable.

I had to have it.. That's what brought me here.

Looking forward to getting to know some of the regulars ... and learning a ton of stuff and hopefully sharing some of my pix

Tkx Glenn

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

Hi gang ! Hi Barry

I'm semi retired from driving long haul for Laidlaw and now help my wife out with her home run business.

My dad once told me, "once you start truck driving you will always have it in your blood." I thought, Naaa.. I can take it or leave. It's just a job.

Well... I've been off the road for 3 years now.. Damn I miss it LOL I always watch some of those sweet looking rigs drive through our town, and miss the trips.

I just came across an opportunity of a life time. I was at a local car show and swap meet. In one of the booths a guy had pictures of a bunch of rigs he had for sale. One cot my eye. A 1957 B61 Mack in very ruff condition but still drivable.

Looking forward to getting to know some of the regulars ... and learning a ton of stuff and hopefully sharing some of my pix

Tkx Glenn

Hi Glenn, glad you could make it. :WELCOME:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Welcome to BMT Glenn, good choice on the project. I usualy go through North Bay a couple of times each summer on my way to the Truck Rodeo at Notre Dame Du Nord or just going to my buddys place east of Mattawa it's a real nice area. It's good to see another Cannuk on the site, My name is Dan I'm from Essex,Ont. look forward to chatting with you and good luck with your project.

Hey Bad Dog and Other Dog

Thanks for the welcome

I use to go to the rodeo every yr. but lately it's just been so hectic, just can't get away.

I saw this from 07. Apparently this guy bought his truck at our North Bay Pete dealership and after this video came out. His chassis

and drive train warranty is now void LOL

There is even a poster of this truck in the air, at the dealership

Thx again for the big welcome guys

Edited by In2Trux

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

I was there in 07 and saw that Nicolas Gagnon in the Pete I even have that same race on the video I took that year. That guy has a different Pete now, I have some better video of him and a couple others pulling 3 loaded trailers of lumber up the hill. I just got to get a cable for camera to computer so I can show you guys.

Welcome to the site Glenn!

This is the place to look if you need any helpful advice.

Tell us more about your new truck. Is it a single axle, gas or diesel etc.

I live just down the road from you in Barrie Ont. and I have some left over 57 Mack parts that you can have for free if you can get down here to pick them up.

Jim

Hey Glenn! Glad ya found us o'r here. Got plans to go pick it up yet? You definitely need to get over to Jim's house and check out HIS project. That will make any grown man cry LOL!!

BTW, not sure if you DO want to get to know us? We're a pretty ornery/rotten bunch of apples round here.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hey Glenn! Glad ya found us o'r here. Got plans to go pick it up yet? You definitely need to get over to Jim's house and check out HIS project. That will make any grown man cry LOL!!

BTW, not sure if you DO want to get to know us? We're a pretty ornery/rotten bunch of apples round here.

HaHaHa Hi Larry

I'll take my chances here, and tread lightly. So for they're all a great bunch of guys.

No plans have been made to float it home yet. I'm workin on it. :blink:

I'm looking forward to getting down to Barrie soon to introduce myself to Jim and check out his truck.

My southern To Do List is getting longer, and longer.

So far what I've seen of Jim's truck in pics is pretty sweet, like most things pictures never do it justis. I bet it's amazing in person

BTW: Larry Congratulations on your race season this year. :thumb:

Edited by In2Trux

GLENN

Thanks.

Good bunch of guys here and more then willing to lend a hand. Barry really helped out with my truck back when I first got it. I got over to meet him years back, but haven't gotten the opportunity to get the truck over there.

I met Jim this past summer at a race, but his project didn't get done in time so I guess I'll have to wait til next summer? Pete at Thompson Dragway will not know what to do with TWO B model Macks at the track LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

There's a picture I'd like to see.. Two Macks in front of the Thompson Drag Way sign. (If it's possible) LOL

GLENN

There's a picture I'd like to see.. Two Macks in front of the Thompson Drag Way sign. (If it's possible) LOL

It could happen, I'm almost certain to go back for the same event Larry and I were at this year and I'm guessing Larry will be back if his 4 speed racing group is booked in again.

I'm sure to have the Mack done by then, we recently started working on it again.

Jim

Hey....I'm thinking two Macks on the STARTING LINE!!!

HaHaHa I can just see it... LOL

This could turn out to be a very popular Youtube video :thumb:

GLENN

• 11 months later...

Hi gang. I'm back

I just got a What the hell have you been up to PM from Mike.

We haven't seen you around in a while.

It was nice to get a message from bigmacktrucks again. Thanks Mike

just update you all on what's been going on in my life, I won't borr you with the details. :blink:

My wife and I have move to a much nicer part of town, consequently I can't have any of my crap in the driveway. And If I do want to work on any of my trucks... they have to fit into our 1.5 car garage. Just to keep the neighbors happy.

So I have started to selling off many of my unfinished projects. And plus... sometimes your interests change and your priorities change.

89 GMC 2500 4x4 Gone

87 Chevy Kodiak Tilt N Load Gone

05 Volvo V70R totaled in a collision w/impaired driver this past summer

57 Mack B model (still for sale)

But I'm keeping my 07 Chevy Silverado CCSB 2500 HD Duramax

and my 57 Chevy Panel.

IMG_0275-1.jpg

IMG_0287-1.jpg

IMG_0353-1.jpg

IMG_0276-1.jpg

GLENN

HelloHello I live in Hamilton, work in Nanticoke, and vacationing in Kapuskasing! have fun on BMT! Bobo

Hey BoBo

I'm heading down your way Sept 25 for the Cayuga Speedway Test and Tune and then a Duramax and Gasser Get Together and BarBQ at SPi in Oakville.

GLENN

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gang ! Hi Barry

Tkx Glenn

I will like to know whether B61 Mack is good? because getting a model of 1957 can make anyone think of it....