Cleaning White Mudflaps

OK Guys, my B61's mudflaps were once WHITE, but since the ol' girl marks her spot and continues to dribble whilst underway, the white has been replaced with something that resembles oil. Got no idea where it's coming from (certainly not my truck!!!!). :P What trick do you guys use for restoring the white of the mudflaps? Thanks. Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

I used to use "Mr. Clean", undiluted straight from the bottle.

Apply it to the flap, let it soak for a while then scrub.

Lather rinse & repeat until clean.

Me and the g/f washed the B yesterday p.m. for the first time since I bought it a year ago. The tires and mudflaps were pretty grimmy and did not get the items cleaned yet. I normally use Greased Lightning for all of the grimmy stuff, and make sure you use a brush with some armstrong behind it. It worked very well for me a few weeks ago when I was cleaning my pre-filter on the B engine. Clean with soap and water then use your favorite de-greaser then always let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing off. Then I use the Armor-all to make it shine. I bought some de-greaser several weeks ago that is very strong if you have a Northern Tool Store. It's called Mojo for truck cleaning. It works great too but has a strange odor.

mike

Me and the g/f washed the B yesterday p.m. for the first time since I bought it a year ago. The tires and mudflaps were pretty grimmy and did not get the items cleaned yet. I normally use Greased Lightning for all of the grimmy stuff, and make sure you use a brush with some armstrong behind it. It worked very well for me a few weeks ago when I was cleaning my pre-filter on the B engine. Clean with soap and water then use your favorite de-greaser then always let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing off. Then I use the Armor-all to make it shine. I bought some de-greaser several weeks ago that is very strong if you have a Northern Tool Store. It's called Mojo for truck cleaning. It works great too but has a strange odor.

mike

all these work good.I bought a small bottle of "Mean Geen" cleaner for a dollar out of the discounted items bin at Newcomerstown Truckstop a while back,and now I wish i'd bought all they had at that price.It worked really good,even dissolved the gunk off the fuel tanks.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

all these work good.I bought a small bottle of "Mean Geen" cleaner for a dollar out of the discounted items bin at Newcomerstown Truckstop a while back,and now I wish i'd bought all they had at that price.It worked really good,even dissolved the gunk off the fuel tanks.

Tom,

When I was cleaning the pre-filter it for some reason did not work for me. I was using full strength and thinking it would just dissolve for me, but it did not. I used the whole bottle and it took me most of the week after work. I'm glad the Mean Green worked for you. I was also using 90lb. air pressure blowing it back through the filter. The Mojo worked, and I cut the strength in half with water.

mike