Insurance

Show Dog

It's a rainy day in VA, and the dog doesn't leave the dog house when it looks like rain, lol. Anyway, I was calling around to see how much it would cost to insure my truck, an 87 superliner, in my name. I tried all of the short cuts, garaged in a remote location, marriage, and a 50 mile radius. Keep in mind that I am 21, have had my class A cdl for 3 years, have excellent credit, and have no prior accidents or tickets. I received 5 quotes. All range between $9,000 per year and $11,500 for just liability! I think i'll wait till i turn 25 and try it again, lol. I think that's a little too much considering i only put 30,000 miles on the truck a year. Maybe I'm just cheap. What do ya'll think?

It's a rainy day in VA, and the dog doesn't leave the dog house when it looks like rain, lol. Anyway, I was calling around to see how much it would cost to insure my truck, an 87 superliner, in my name. I tried all of the short cuts, garaged in a remote location, marriage, and a 50 mile radius. Keep in mind that I am 21, have had my class A cdl for 3 years, have excellent credit, and have no prior accidents or tickets. I received 5 quotes. All range between $9,000 per year and $11,500 for just liability! I think i'll wait till i turn 25 and try it again, lol. I think that's a little too much considering i only put 30,000 miles on the truck a year. Maybe I'm just cheap. What do ya'll think?

Under 25 insuring a big rig like that I can see why the quotes were so high. When you are under 25 they think your a drooling moron behind the wheel. After your 25th birthday you suddenly become a responsible driver.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Under 25 insuring a big rig like that I can see why the quotes were so high. When you are under 25 they think your a drooling moron behind the wheel. After your 25th birthday you suddenly become a responsible driver.

Yeah, but ::drooling:: Duh, Uh, um, like what was we were talkin's 'bout again? LOL Just kidding

One can only imagine the outrageous quote you'd get here in NJ, the insurance rip off center of the country. And what's this stuff about keeping a Mack in out of the rain? They're born to work no matter what the weather, no sugar and spice to melt there when they get wet. But......... to tell the truth, the day that that idiot school bus driver pulled out in front of me and caused me to almost total Baby Skiddle it was raining so maybe you're right and deserve a reasonable insurance quote. Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

Your 21 and have had a class A for 3 years? Here in NY you have to be 21 to get a class A. You can get your B when your 18 though.

When my mothers insurance company herd my brother was 18 and living with us that made the insurance price jump. Here is the catch; he didn't even have a learners permit! I guess they assume he will hijack my Tahoe or moms trail blazer and run a few people over, darn teenagers. My mother said he moved to Florida and I moved to another house we own. Screw the insurance companies. In their eyes young drivers are all retarded, unfortunately they are partially right. Too bad the rest of us responsible drivers have to suffer. I have had my license since I am 21, driving with my permit since I was 18. Never and I mean never had an accident and only pulled over twice and not for moving violations. The morons who can't keep a car for more then 4 months without wrecking it because they think the roads are race tracks ruin it for us.

Take my advice, stay under your pops insurance. I am still under my mothers policy as a driver. Save your money.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Are you trying to insure it to work with commercially, or just to drive around for fun, go to show,s and sunday drives?... If your not working it commercially, and just looking to drive it around call Gulf Way insurance they are in the AHTS wheels of time magazine..should be less then $500 a year..if you want a phone # let me know I can dig it up..

Thanks

Deo

Keep on keeping on...

A lot of states you can get a CDL when 18...but can't go outta state til 21.

If you state that you will not be using it commercially I'm sure you can get cheaper rates. The age thing might still hang you up though.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Im in Virginia and Ive had my class A CDL since I was 18. Just recently allowed to leave the state legally, but we don't tell "them" that. That's my work truck. She's an old girl but she gets the job done. I drive it everyday so i have to insure it commercially. I don't want to have to deal with the state cops more than I already do. Between the tickets I get for my window tint and lack of mufflers, I don't need any more attenton from them, lol.