R Model Started Hopping

mthomas3

this can be caused by many things. Tires and driveline are first to check. I have also seen the throttle linkage near the fuel pump allowed to "flutter" and cause the truck to seam as it is bouncing. That little lever off of the pump that has the spring was the issue.

can you put the truck up on jack stands to see what it does with the drive line and tires spinning?

My R690ST has started hopping at 45 to 50mph. The truck does it worse when you stay at the same speed, you can give it more fuel and it will stop. We have checked ujoints, and tires. Any help ?

What was the last thing you did with the truck, before it started acting up?

I have had the same problem at that speed with my r model since nov last year.

Changed jackshaft, all unis, center bearing, engine mount, gearbox mounts, 2 spider hubs and new tyres medium price.

Put truck on blocks and got into high range couldnt fault anything. Took tyres back to shop they say nothing wrong with them so put weight bags in them and rotated still hopping, went back where the diffs were recoed 2 yrs ago he couldnt find anything. i havent pulled the power divider out yet shop said it wouldnt cause the hopping. mine started after doing a job on a steep hill in sand and i used power divider to take off, hopping started sometime after and got worse. maybe i should get driveshafts checked or update truck but couldnt sell it hopping. Also put new rear springs, trunion bushes and elephant feet pads with side blocks in july last year. hope you have better luck than me, any other ideas

Lyndon

Mine is vibrating and bouncing, can see tipper body moving up and down at 60 to 70 ks. Other drivers freak out when they see it bounce. Power divider seals front and rear are leaking a little, bit of movement up and down on both yokes and there was brass fillings on axle when i done brakes

Lyndon

Mine is vibrating and bouncing, can see tipper body moving up and down at 60 to 70 ks. Other drivers freak out when they see it bounce. Power divider seals front and rear are leaking a little, bit of movement up and down on both yokes and there was brass fillings on axle when i done brakes

Lyndon

Brass filings in the rears means the thrust washers are taking a crap.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"