I bought a u795st at an auction. I 'am by no means a mack expert but it looks pretty unsual to me. It has a v8 with a turbo and what looks like a six speed ( says x107) on the case. that about all i know about it if anyone has info on these trucks i would like to know more about them. the full vin is u795st1010. Thanks

I bought a u795st at an auction. I 'am by no means a mack expert but it looks pretty unsual to me. It has a v8 with a turbo and what looks like a six speed ( says x107) on the case. that about all i know about it if anyone has info on these trucks i would like to know more about them. the full vin is u795st1010. Thanks

U is offset cab road tractor

795 means it has the 325 H.P. Maxidyne V8.

S means it is a tandem axle chassis.

T means it is a tractor.

1010 means it was the 10th U795 built, since Mack serial numbers started at 1000 back then.

I'd say it's rare.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

It was probably built for hauling turnpike doubles- I remeber seeing a few U models doing that work in the 70s and 80s. The fleets needed the U models 90 inch BBC to haul 45 foot trailers in the then maximum 55 foot length off the turnpike. On the turnpike hauling doubles they needed the power of the V8 engine. So Mack built the U795ST for that marketniche. The six speed transmission is just the garden variety 5 speed Maxitorque with a low hole for starting on uphills, etc..

It looks to me like it was used for a lowboy tractor it has 44s on brass. it also has really heavy steel plate half fenders over the rears. another strange thing ( at least on the east coast) it has 11r22s on budd wheels. i'll try and get some pictures next time i go down to where it is stored.

It looks to me like it was used for a lowboy tractor it has 44s on brass. it also has really heavy steel plate half fenders over the rears. another strange thing ( at least on the east coast) it has 11r22s on budd wheels. i'll try and get some pictures next time i go down to where it is stored.

Sure sounds like an ugly thing. I wouldn't be caught dead in it myself so in the interest of your personal well being you should drive it straight to my place at night and ride the Greyhound home during the day.

I'll take care of the rest.

Sounds like it is worth working with but just because I have two V8 powered trucks doesn't mean I'm biased or anything like that.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Wow a V8 U model! I would say that its a rare gem. Would love to see some pictures of it as well as pictures of whats under the hood and if there is a larger doghouse in the cab.

I'm a decent photographer and will make sure there are plenty of pictures taken when it gets to my place.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.