Replacing Roof Panal On R-model

Does anyone out know of a body shop that has replaced the roof panal on a R-model.I am located in the Phila PA area.I would like to have someone that has done it before to do it.I will be checking with my dealer.Also does anyone know the where about of a new cab for a r-model.My truck does not need a whole cab but if it was cheap enough I would replace it all.The truck has only 70,000 miles on it,we brought 20 of them new in 1979.This is the last tractor we have left.I like to use it to pull my antique caterpillar tractors and my B-87 around to shows.Thanks Mike Durkin

Guest 45LMSWM

Mike,

Elizabeth Truck Center in Elizabeth, NJ, replaced the roof panel on our 1980 Mack DM800 about 3 years ago. They did a good job, although they did not put threaded inserts back in the roof for the horns and clearance lamps. Quite a pain in the a** to take the head liner down and use two people if you ever have to work on any of the roof fixtures.

John

Does anyone out know of a body shop that has replaced the roof panal on a R-model.I am located in the Phila PA area.I would like to have someone that has done it before to do it.I will be checking with my dealer.Also does anyone know the where about of a new cab for a r-model.My truck does not need a whole cab but if it was cheap enough I would replace it all.The truck has only 70,000 miles on it,we brought 20 of them new in 1979.This is the last tractor we have left.I like to use it to pull my antique caterpillar tractors and my B-87 around to shows.Thanks Mike Durkin

Rob has done as much or more of that repair as anyone. I remember seeing photos and a job description on a previous post involving drilling out a zillion spot welds. Dangle a trip to I-Hop in front of him and see what happens.

Rob has done as much or more of that repair as anyone. I remember seeing photos and a job description on a previous post involving drilling out a zillion spot welds. Dangle a trip to I-Hop in front of him and see what happens.

The total was a zillion plus three.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Mike,

Elizabeth Truck Center in Elizabeth, NJ, replaced the roof panel on our 1980 Mack DM800 about 3 years ago. They did a good job, although they did not put threaded inserts back in the roof for the horns and clearance lamps. Quite a pain in the a** to take the head liner down and use two people if you ever have to work on any of the roof fixtures.

John

John,you wouldn't have a number for that truck center?Thanks MIke Durkin

Guest 45LMSWM
John,you wouldn't have a number for that truck center?Thanks MIke Durkin

Mike,

Here's the info:

Elizabeth Truck Center

878 North Ave.

Elizabeth, NJ 07201

(908) 355-8800

www.elizabethtruckcenter.com

Mike,

Here's the info:

Elizabeth Truck Center

878 North Ave.

Elizabeth, NJ 07201

(908) 355-8800

www.elizabethtruckcenter.com

you can still buy all panels from Mack. in OZ a roof panel is worth 1000.00aud

get onto mack, all you gotta do is find a spare parts person who can read a book or a microfish.

Grant