Ch And B61 Rear Frame Question

Hi Guys, Would a bogey drive off a CH just slip into a B61's frame or are they different widths?

Thanks. Rod.

And where would I find the ratio's stamped?

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

You will find ratio and ID numbers stamped on a flat pad on the passenger side upper front of each differential. From year to year, with different configurations, overall frame inner and outer dimensions change. You will just have to measure and see. I would think that maybe a difference in the width, or height of the frame rail it's self might be a problem. Then again, measure it carefully. If you find that the CH cross member is narrower you can cut shims from flat stock. Wider might not be so easy.

Hi Guys, Would a bogey drive off a CH just slip into a B61's frame or are they different widths?

Thanks. Rod.

And where would I find the ratio's stamped?

Rod i have a frame from a 96 CH613 with airride the frame from the CH is straight from front to back, just find out how long you want it. i sliped the frame over the outside of B61 up to under the back of the cab. i used the two holes on each side on the cab mount crossmember

and clamped on the top and side drilled the holes bolted it together, did not weld anything.

Ron

why not change the diff centers? it may just bolt in ? be cheeper ? but it could be different i your case? have u found one?

[/quot

Hi Monty. Just remember my rear end is from an "NR MACK", so I don't know if the centres are interchangeable.

Yes, Tomorrow there is a CH chassis and bogie up for auction at Mittagong.

Proud owner of;

• 1 year later...

Hi guys. Sorry, been absent for awhile.

Just to give you an update. I swapped my 9.02 axles for 4.64.

Wow. talk about smokin'.

My top speed has now gone from 65 kph (40mph) to a THEORETICAL top speed of 126kph (almost 80mph).

Most of the local country driving, I don't even get into O/D now. :chili::banana::chili::banana:

Now I have to balance the wheels :unsure:

Proud owner of;

Hi guys. Sorry, been absent for awhile.

Just to give you an update. I swapped my 9.02 axles for 4.64.

Wow. talk about smokin'.

My top speed has now gone from 65 kph (40mph) to a THEORETICAL top speed of 126kph (almost 80mph).

Most of the local country driving, I don't even get into O/D now. :chili::banana::chili::banana:

Now I have to balance the wheels :unsure:

Hi Rod, great to see you post again. I'd wondered about the gearing thing as you mentioned it prior. Did you ever get a powe steering setup going for the truck?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Rob. Great to hear from you.

re the power steering...not yet. Still have your pictures.

Found a very good local engineer who put the rear axles in for me and mentioned to him that my next project would be the power steering.

This axle swap set me back a few dollars, but well worth it.

I cruise now on about 1500-1600rpm, still a gear to go and NO earplugs.

Didn't know a '61 could be so pleasant to drive.

(Also been a bit pre-occupied buying some old farm tractors :thumb: )

Rod.

Proud owner of;