Anyone Gonna Be In Wi Next Weekend?

HK Trucking

If so,....You may want to check out the Mackville Nationals truck & tractor pulls next friday thru sunday June 19, 20, & 21.

3 mi. north of Appleton on HWY 47.

http://www.mackvillenationals.com/index.html

A vid from the '07 pulls:

My boss donates all the equipment and materials, and personnel for track maintenance every year, if you look in the background in that video, you'll see a lot of our equipment.

Last year it rained heavily the morning before the pulls, and the boss brought in a 325 Cat excavator equipped with a 5' ditching bucket to scrape the slop off the track and load it into dump trucks to be hauled away and dumped behind our shop, about a mile and a half down the road.. I was lucky enough to get sent there with a dump truck, and I got "up close and personal" with some of the expensive toys in the pits. This was about an hour before the start of the pulls, and the "rescue mission" was a success - the pulls went on as scheduled.

Some photos from that afternoon:

Cat 325 loading a truck on the track:

Trico03020-1.jpg

The boss (in the Cat 247 skidsteer) conferring with some officials:

Trico03022.jpg

Our graders waiting to grade the track:

Trico03035.jpg

Some "toys" in the pits:

Trico03028.jpg

This guy was stuck in the wet grass and needed a pull:

Trico03034.jpg

The big grader (Cat 163H) driving thru the pits:

Trico03023.jpg

Getting loaded with slop on the track:

Trico03019.jpg

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I probably won't be, but ya' never know. If I did make it, could you buy me a hotdog and a pepsi?

If you try to drive that Pete, I can predict your itinerary; It goes something like this: 50% distance from starting point to destination, mechanical failure sets in. Three workday wait on parts. Other Dog rides another dog home, (Greyhoud) due to backlog at Peterbilt dealership as many are in line ahead of him. Numerous cursing takes place with every other sentence being: "If I only drove a Mack, I'd be there now".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If you try to drive that Pete, I can predict your itinerary; It goes something like this: 50% distance from starting point to destination, mechanical failure sets in. Three workday wait on parts. Other Dog rides another dog home, (Greyhoud) due to backlog at Peterbilt dealership as many are in line ahead of him. Numerous cursing takes place with every other sentence being: "If I only drove a Mack, I'd be there now".

Rob

Oh no, I won't be going Greyhound- I'll use the down time to go to the truck and tractor pull. That's why I won't be able to afford a hotdog.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Oh no, I won't be going Greyhound- I'll use the down time to go to the truck and tractor pull. That's why I won't be able to afford a hotdog.

Well, at least you OWN a "Hot Dog". B) (the B model mixer, that is).

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Well, at least you OWN a "Hot Dog". B) (the B model mixer, that is).

Valid point.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

looking @ the link ya put up Herb i see a pic of 1 of my fav pulling tractors Fuelish pleasure thats 1 BAD Case IH On the weight sled track ;)

BTW other than a :MackLogo: What better to pull out a non Mack truck other than a Case IH Steiger set up to pull a Pan ;)

Wish i could come up there to see that that looks like a good time :)

later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: