4 B Models, 4 L Models. 1 C Model Mack Firetrucks

Firemack

I judged a SPAAMFAA Muster today and had a great showing of 27 Mack Firetrucks, including a 1932 early B Mack

I was able to line up most of the B and L Models and have included all of the trucks in my Gallery under 2009 Events

BigMackTrucks.com > Gallery > User Information > 2009 Event Pictures

Firemack

post-121-1244348680_thumb.jpg

post-121-1244348708_thumb.jpg

All that capacity and no fires to fight.

Good looking lineup and sure looks like all had a good time.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 1 month later...
I judged a SPAAMFAA Muster today and had a great showing of 27 Mack Firetrucks, including a 1932 early B Mack

I was able to line up most of the B and L Models and have included all of the trucks in my Gallery under 2009 Events

BigMackTrucks.com > Gallery > User Information > 2009 Event Pictures

Firemack

Good Day!

Do you know of any Mack 1935-45 fire trucks that might be for sale?

Dave Albers

Good Day!

Do you know of any Mack 1935-45 fire trucks that might be for sale?

Dave Albers

Dave, I have a 1947 LS (semi-open cab) for sale(haven't advertized it yet) good condition ,good tires , body good, master cyl & hydrovac units totally rebuilt. all new ignition system ,good chrome and paint all lights and siren work ,new seats. no tank , don't know if pump works(750 GPM). In south jersey . e-mail ,hinoki22@comcast.net

Firemack, I was staged beside the Rockville MD B-model at the Harrisburg muster the other day and we are trying to find some info out on the cab design. While it was a B-model it has a strange cab with the rear sloping down by the pump panel. I was hoping you could provide some info on this cab design. Was there many produced the style or name of the cab etc.

thanks for the help

Allison

Alison,

First congratulations on taking best of show at the Harrisburg Muster, that is an honor and you should be proud of the work you did to return your truck to splendor that it had when new. I heard a lot of good comments, but was not able to attend myself. I hope to see your truck at another event.

I think you may have seen a B model coupe with a custom cab. These used the standard B or L model cab but had a custom roofline to meet the rear pump body. If you have any pictures that you can post I can confirm that with you.

There is a muster coming up at the Rose Tree Park in Media PA on August 2nd and would be great to see your truck there. All BMT members, old Macks and Firetrucks are welcome.

Great Job on your truck,

Firemack

Firemack,

Thank you! It was a very nice day, the rain held off and we had a good turnout. We are very proud of the rig and tremendously excited about the Dave Buskey award. I’m good friends with Dave’s brother and while I never had the chance to meet Dave I have been out to his little museum that he left behind. It was a good day for the Harrisburg brothers. I also happen to come across Harvey while judging. My friend was with him and I stopped to speak with my friend and he introduced me. I was wondering where you were. Any way I believe the first photo you have posted is of the very rig we are talking about. The Rockville FD is claiming to have created the style and also call it the Rockville. Do you know if they had done this for other departments, the sloped back?

Alison,

First congratulations on taking best of show at the Harrisburg Muster, that is an honor and you should be proud of the work you did to return your truck to splendor that it had when new. I heard a lot of good comments, but was not able to attend myself. I hope to see your truck at another event.

I think you may have seen a B model coupe with a custom cab. These used the standard B or L model cab but had a custom roofline to meet the rear pump body. If you have any pictures that you can post I can confirm that with you.

There is a muster coming up at the Rose Tree Park in Media PA on August 2nd and would be great to see your truck there. All BMT members, old Macks and Firetrucks are welcome.

Great Job on your truck,

Firemack

Allison,

They did make a lot of the custom coupe cabs, with the rear panel integrated with the pump body. This was for several reasons, some customers wanted more storage in the cab, more seats, or another access to the cab. You should buy Harvey's Mack books on the B model and L Model fire trucks as he has many of the various configurations in the book as a record of the types of trucks that Mack custom built.

I can check with Harvey to see if still has any left, or check on Ebay.

Firemack.

Allison,

They did make a lot of the custom coupe cabs, with the rear panel integrated with the pump body. This was for several reasons, some customers wanted more storage in the cab, more seats, or another access to the cab. You should buy Harvey's Mack books on the B model and L Model fire trucks as he has many of the various configurations in the book as a record of the types of trucks that Mack custom built.

I can check with Harvey to see if still has any left, or check on Ebay.

Firemack.

Angelo:

I have posted some pics of the firetruck in the gallery that I think you are referring to.

Regards,

John