Gear Shift Knobs For H Model

Does any one happen to have or know where I can get two round shift knobs (like original) for a duplex H-67? In it's long life some one replaced the knobs with extensions. Extensions work well on B models and Roadrangers but on a H model I just like to put my hand over the ball. I guess it's just what you are use to. The H models I drove were company trucks and had what came from the factory, so I got use to that feel. Some drivers though did add their own extension to Roadrangers in the Crackerboxes we drove.

Double Diamond

Does any one happen to have or know where I can get two round shift knobs (like original) for a duplex H-67? In it's long life some one replaced the knobs with extensions. Extensions work well on B models and Roadrangers but on a H model I just like to put my hand over the ball. I guess it's just what you are use to. The H models I drove were company trucks and had what came from the factory, so I got use to that feel. Some drivers though did add their own extension to Roadrangers in the Crackerboxes we drove.

Double Diamond

I would guess a junk yard or find an old unit sitting in the woods somewhere...I don't know, they're hard to find anymore. If i'd only known 20 years ago what I knowed now, i'd have bought a few dozen. Then you could go in any truckstop and find a wide variety of knobs, adapters, extensions, whatever you wanted. Then they had to go and change the range selectors and splitter button. :angry:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Try austinhardware.com. They have all types of machinery knobs in many shapes, and sizes. Also try mcmaster.com.

I prefer those originals also but don't have any extras that are not allocated.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I found a couple of solid black ones at South Union Truck Supply in Bakersfield, Ca. They're old school but that's probably what you're lookin for. I put some new ones on my H-63. I know what you mean by the handle extensions, mine had two but it was like shifting an old rat rod, clear up by your cheek. Their # is (661)831-6400, ask for Robert but he's better known as "Cowboy". If you don't want to call let me know and I can get you a couple and just ship them to you. I'm gone on vacation until the day after Father's Day so I don't know how big a hurry you're in. I think I paid around $10 a piece but I can't remember. I just got them about a month ago. Hey I don't know if you saw my post but I'm wanting to know if my H-63 would have been available with a cummins in it from the factory. I'm looking to put in a big cam 350 or so but just wanting to see if I could order engine mounts or if I'm gonna have to fab some up. Let me know, Tony..

Try austinhardware.com. They have all types of machinery knobs in many shapes, and sizes. Also try mcmaster.com.

I prefer those originals also but don't have any extras that are not allocated.

Rob

Rob,

I looked at the two web sites you gave me and mcmaster looks like they have something that will work. You have to give them the size you need and the thread size to fit your gear shift. Thanks a lot, I may use them for other things as well.

Double Diamond

Rob,

I looked at the two web sites you gave me and mcmaster looks like they have something that will work. You have to give them the size you need and the thread size to fit your gear shift. Thanks a lot, I may use them for other things as well.

Double Diamond

Certainly glad to be of help. They have a large and varying inventory. I'm outside of Peoria and whenever I order something from them it always arrives the next day; never backordered.

Sometimes, (not always) they are a little more expensive than if you shop around, but for the convienience of the one stop shopping they offer, it is worth it. For me, they are consistently less expensive than Fastenal for fasteners of most types.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I found a couple of solid black ones at South Union Truck Supply in Bakersfield, Ca. They're old school but that's probably what you're lookin for. I put some new ones on my H-63. I know what you mean by the handle extensions, mine had two but it was like shifting an old rat rod, clear up by your cheek. Their # is (661)831-6400, ask for Robert but he's better known as "Cowboy". If you don't want to call let me know and I can get you a couple and just ship them to you. I'm gone on vacation until the day after Father's Day so I don't know how big a hurry you're in. I think I paid around $10 a piece but I can't remember. I just got them about a month ago. Hey I don't know if you saw my post but I'm wanting to know if my H-63 would have been available with a cummins in it from the factory. I'm looking to put in a big cam 350 or so but just wanting to see if I could order engine mounts or if I'm gonna have to fab some up. Let me know, Tony..

Old school is what I need, so I will try to call Cowboy and see what he's got and I do appreciate you offering to get me a couple, I'll let you know. No hurry. I remember one night I was in a truck stop and we were talking and this one driver said he saw a H model that had a cummins in it from the factory but you had to special order it. I have never seen one but he could be right. Check wiith the Mack Museum in Allentown, PA. Their email is: museum@macktrucks.com

Double Diamond