Trucking News: Illinois Legislature Passes Uniform Speed Limit Bill

WattsMack

I'm on both sides of the fence on this one.

Most of the construction work I do is paid by the hour...55 stay alive and makes for good mileage. If/when the limit goes up I'll have to go 65 and lose at least a mpg...I've been able to average in the low-mid 7's up here in the flat lands so far this year.

On the other hand it'll be nice to get rid of the senior friendly/archaic 55mph for trucks, 65 for cars. Everything moving at the same speed makes for a better driving experience.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Ohio has 65 for trucks and cars on the turnpike only! They are tossing the idea around of raising it for trucks on other interstates because of the "traffic flow" problem.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Ohio has 65 for trucks and cars on the turnpike only! They are tossing the idea around of raising it for trucks on other interstates because of the "traffic flow" problem.

If IL really wanted to do people a favor, it could raise the limit to 75 for everyone like much of the country west of the Missouri River has had for a few years now....it'd speed up the booorrrriiiiinnngggg drive down I-39, 55, 57...

I guess it is good that we have a uniform speed limit, but I would have a uniform wieght law. The fact that there are state roads that you can not haul 80,000# down is crazy, because we (trucking industry) are paying for them.

I guess it is good that we have a uniform speed limit, but I would have a uniform wieght law. The fact that there are state roads that you can not haul 80,000# down is crazy, because we (trucking industry) are paying for them.

Ahh...yea that is bogus too. U.S. rt. 6 through my area is limited to 73280 for about 4 miles, because the townies don't want the traffic.