Old Bill-the Diesel Gypsy

other dog

Ya, you always "wish" you had MORE whatever, but then when you come along someone with real problems it kinda humbles you. All that "important" stuff all of a sudden isn't. I could have used that money for something, but I'll survive without it. I'm square with the world and got a roof over my head so that's good for me.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Ya, you always "wish" you had MORE whatever, but then when you come along someone with real problems it kinda humbles you. All that "important" stuff all of a sudden isn't. I could have used that money for something, but I'll survive without it. I'm square with the world and got a roof over my head so that's good for me.

Amen brother! (Bulldogman)

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

How much change was in the can?

I estimated $250. I poured in into another can that wouldn't quite hold it all. I put my change out of my pocket in it twice since, Friday and last night. Counted it this morning and it was $33.75. I just called the bank and the can I took in last week had $218.59. That comes out to $252.34-when you figure I added the change out of my pocket twice since-damn I was close!..wish I could guess lottery numbers like that!

Tom,

Is it ok to send funds to your address. I'm not a member of any pay pal whatever that is?

Thank You

mike

well...gee...I guess so. I can deposit it in my account, then send that amount by paypal. Or, it's easy to sign up if you'd rather-

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...neral&nav=0

or, to go straight to the sign up page-

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...511727fbf3e9efc

but yeah, i'll do that for ya.

I should have put this link on here at first anyway.

I'll forward any funds to Bill...long as I don't have to pay taxes on it. :D But if it's a donation I shouldn't have to worry about that anyway-right Barry? :unsure: and it's all documented here...right Barry? :unsure: You've got my back, don't you Barry? :(

I'm new at this...never done this kind of thing before...screw the taxes-Old Bill's one of my best and dearest friends, and i'll forward any funds sent!..guess I should put my address on here, eh? (Canadian)

Tom Blackwell

986 Wyatt Miles Rd.

Gladys, Va. 24554

This should make it easier for a lot of people to donate what they want and can afford. Any and all donations will be sent directly to Bill. I started this, so i'll step up. I know he'll appreciate it, and I appreciate it as well.

Thank you very much indeed! (David Gilmour)

I must be off now, before I get teary eyed.

Just a reminder- just heard from Old Bill. He thanked me again for the assistance, and said Murt was getting worse. Said his 24 hour days now are much harder than hauling freight ever was. If anyone wanted to help him out a little, I know he'd appreciate it tremendously. He's got it pretty rough right now.

That's exactly right. I was just re-reading this post after I talked to Bill. I was watching "Ice Road Truckers" last Sunday and complaining about all the commercials. Jo said "why don't you just get the DVD?". I said "can't afford it". She said "you can afford $30 can't you?". Well, I probably could afford $30, but since it comes on TV and I can watch it for free (at least as long as I pay the Directv bill) i'm not gonna buy the DVD, and complaining about the commercials just seems stupid now. Bill's got real problems, and i'm gonna whine about commercials?

That's exactly right. I was just re-reading this post after I talked to Bill. I was watching "Ice Road Truckers" last Sunday and complaining about all the commercials. Jo said "why don't you just get the DVD?". I said "can't afford it". She said "you can afford $30 can't you?". Well, I probably could afford $30, but since it comes on TV and I can watch it for free (at least as long as I pay the Directv bill) i'm not gonna buy the DVD, and complaining about the commercials just seems stupid now. Bill's got real problems, and i'm gonna whine about commercials?

Your a good man! I'm proud of ya, I thought I had a big heart but yours is much bigger than mine! :)

Your a good man! I'm proud of ya, I thought I had a big heart but yours is much bigger than mine! :)

Thanks Double L, i'm just a nobody, but i've been right where Bill is now, and it's a tough thing to have to deal with. I'm just doing what I can to help the man because I do have a great deal of respect and admiration for the man. I don't know if you've been following the whole situation or not, but it really hit close to home for me. My situation wasn't that long ago and it's still painful, and i've been friends with Bill for about 5 or 6 years now. We used to talk on skype every weekend, (we can see each other on the webcam, it's just like being there).

If you've never checked out his website (one of the three best trucking sites on the web, along with BMT and http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/trucks.htm)

it's http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/

If I just get 30 more dollars, i'd put the $30 or so that Ice Road DVD would cost with the only donation i've gotten so far and send him a hundred bucks.

...and thank you again Mike for your generous contribution.

Thanks Double L, i'm just a nobody, but i've been right where Bill is now, and it's a tough thing to have to deal with. I'm just doing what I can to help the man because I do have a great deal of respect and admiration for the man. I don't know if you've been following the whole situation or not, but it really hit close to home for me. My situation wasn't that long ago and it's still painful, and i've been friends with Bill for about 5 or 6 years now. We used to talk on skype every weekend, (we can see each other on the webcam, it's just like being there).

If you've never checked out his website (one of the three best trucking sites on the web, along with BMT and http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/trucks.htm)

it's http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/

If I just get 30 more dollars, i'd put the $30 or so that Ice Road DVD would cost with the only donation i've gotten so far and send him a hundred bucks.

...and thank you again Mike for your generous contribution.

http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/TRUCKING%20STORIES%202.htm

Please remember Bill-every little bit helps. He's having a rough go of it.

Thank you very much indeed,

Other Dog