Mack's New Website Is Garbage.

ThaddeusW

RANT TIME:

Okay. Who at Mack corporate thought that pile of diarrhea, www.macktrucks.com was a good idea? Its not only bulky and takes long to load it is also is not very intuitive to use at all. I just want a page with a link to truck info not a f%ing redirect to another website that is pure flash. Screw flash and any self proclaimed genius web developer jeark off who thinks he is the da Vinci of websites. You are a moron if you develop a whole website using flash. I want information not entertainment. Fine you want to include the truck customizer or interactive walk around, awesome. Just put it on a seperate page.

FLASH SUCKS! In the beginning the web was lacking in content flexability. Many pages looked like a 5 year old designed them, very simplistic with horrorfying flashing/colored text. Then other languages and systems were developed to enhance the web like CSS, Java & Java Script, PHP, CGI etc. They made the web better but each bought with it incompatibilities and problems. But all was sorted out and the web worked fine. Flash was developed by Macromedia around 1996 and I first saw it in 1998, a simple flash game. It was a welcomed as a simple approach to get interactive content on the web. Instead of a static picture a program you install runs a flash program in your web browser. Many flash animations and games were made but then as flash evolved it included the ability to send http/html requests so it could be used to navigate a website. Then some f@#% head genius decided it would be awesome to make a web page completely out of flash, not a drop of html. It all went down hill from there. May sites began to switch to flash but it created allot of backlash and thankfully the sites stopped the pure flash crapfest websites. But from time to time you still get one.

3P or anyone else here from Mack please tell anyone you can that the new website is awful. Flash intro pages are a very bad design. Giving each truck its own totally flash based website is an even less brilliant idea then the one that guy had of welding a live hand grenade to a metal rod (yes he died).

Sorry for the rant but bad web design that confuses and irritates a user can cost a business money. If a visitor has a hard time navigating around a bunch of pointless menus or waiting for a pointless animated intro they might go elsewhere.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

You are not alone! I've had more than a few calls from guys that do not like the new site. IMHO, simple and easy to navigate are far more important that flashy graphics.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

RANT TIME:

Okay. Who at Mack corporate thought that pile of diarrhea, www.macktrucks.com was a good idea? Its not only bulky and takes long to load it is also is not very intuitive to use at all. I just want a page with a link to truck info not a f%ing redirect to another website that is pure flash. Screw flash and any self proclaimed genius web developer jeark off who thinks he is the da Vinci of websites. You are a moron if you develop a whole website using flash. I want information not entertainment. Fine you want to include the truck customizer or interactive walk around, awesome. Just put it on a seperate page.

FLASH SUCKS! In the beginning the web was lacking in content flexability. Many pages looked like a 5 year old designed them, very simplistic with horrorfying flashing/colored text. Then other languages and systems were developed to enhance the web like CSS, Java & Java Script, PHP, CGI etc. They made the web better but each bought with it incompatibilities and problems. But all was sorted out and the web worked fine. Flash was developed by Macromedia around 1996 and I first saw it in 1998, a simple flash game. It was a welcomed as a simple approach to get interactive content on the web. Instead of a static picture a program you install runs a flash program in your web browser. Many flash animations and games were made but then as flash evolved it included the ability to send http/html requests so it could be used to navigate a website. Then some f@#% head genius decided it would be awesome to make a web page completely out of flash, not a drop of html. It all went down hill from there. May sites began to switch to flash but it created allot of backlash and thankfully the sites stopped the pure flash crapfest websites. But from time to time you still get one.

3P or anyone else here from Mack please tell anyone you can that the new website is awful. Flash intro pages are a very bad design. Giving each truck its own totally flash based website is an even less brilliant idea then the one that guy had of welding a live hand grenade to a metal rod (yes he died).

Sorry for the rant but bad web design that confuses and irritates a user can cost a business money. If a visitor has a hard time navigating around a bunch of pointless menus or waiting for a pointless animated intro they might go elsewhere.

Calm down Thad!!!!

You just have to realize that it was probably created by someone from V*lv*.

That would explain everything!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

ok i will chime in also

after you wait getting into the site you find everthing is not layed out very well.

Click on Highway and you see 2 day cab tractors pulling lowboys? I thought thats on/offroad?

Click on Heavy haul and you see a pic of a truck that is focused on the bumper, It gives you no info about them or specs on macks "Big dog"

Click on Construction and again you git a pic of a front bumper and a Concrete pumper? Whers the side shot of a Mixer, or End dump, Altho sales of Concret pumpers are popular they are more considered a specialty unit?

then you Click on Garbage and its understandable what Volvo thinks of Mack. you can clearly see all the junk trucks clearly labled and what they are used for

Bravo Volvo :clap: Bravo

Ha sorry for the crazy rant but I thought the days of flash sites were over. During and after the .com bubble everyone though flash sites were the bees knees. Now Mack has one ugh.

I was just looking for the axle options for the CHU and it took me a few minutes to find it. Where as on the old site you simply click the vocation and then click the model and click specs. Simple.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!