Double Rabbit Whammy!

other dog

Not only have I put a chicken wire fence around the garden to keep varmints out, today I aquired a scarecrow as a secondary defense. It should pick up the slack left by the worthless owl.

It had a blank face, but I took a picture of myself and "cut, copied, and pasted" my own face on it. It looks so real Jo came out and had a conversation with it, thinking it was me. Got pictures to prove it...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I think you should have planted more!!! :lol: Did the rabbits leave any for Rob when he comes for the hood? Wait..........., garden, vegetables, Rob,..........., nevermind.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Last weekend I bought an owl at the local hardware store. It turns it's head all the way around and also who's 3 times at any movement. That owl sure has been busy this week He's sitting on my deck to guard my Mack from the Robins that like to s*@t on everything they can. Cab is mostly covered and they will still find a way to drop a bomb on it's somewhere uncovered spot. I will say that the $30.00 I payed for that owl has been worth every penny. Maybe I should have mounted it on the Mack to keep those Robins off of it, that ole Bulldog ain't doin his job. ...........I might need to just pitch it all in and get me a Scarecrow from someone's garden....Don't ya think that would do the trick? HUH.

mike B):lol:

I think you should have planted more!!! :lol: Did the rabbits leave any for Rob when he comes for the hood? Wait..........., garden, vegetables, Rob,..........., nevermind.

I'm gonna plant more tomatoes, some squash, and peppers. Planted some corn, pole beans, and green beans Friday where the black dirt is- covered the seeds with potting soil. Also got cucumbers, butternut squash, and okra in another spot. Plus there's the onions and 18 cabbage plants- nobody can eat that much cabbage! :D

Last weekend I bought an owl at the local hardware store. It turns it's head all the way around and also who's 3 times at any movement. That owl sure has been busy this week He's sitting on my deck to guard my Mack from the Robins that like to s*@t on everything they can. Cab is mostly covered and they will still find a way to drop a bomb on it's somewhere uncovered spot. I will say that the $30.00 I payed for that owl has been worth every penny. Maybe I should have mounted it on the Mack to keep those Robins off of it, that ole Bulldog ain't doin his job. ...........I might need to just pitch it all in and get me a Scarecrow from someone's garden....Don't ya think that would do the trick? HUH.

mike B):lol:

mine's head turns all the way around and it looks real but it doesn't say anything. I put it in the peach tree last year at first to keep squirrells out, but they weren't intimidated at all- still ate all the peaches, so I put it in the garden. Rabbits ate all the beans and some cabbage, but to my knowledge no robins $*!t on anything. :lol:

Tom,

You're inspiring me to put out a garden. I have not done that for a long time. Don't do any canning so I put out very little. I always have tomatoes, usually squash and okra. I love a tomato sandwich or tomatoes on my hamburger. An crazy about tomatoes with fried corn, okra and pinto beans with cornbread.Got to add tha iced tea.

mike

Tom,

You're inspiring me to put out a garden. I have not done that for a long time. Don't do any canning so I put out very little. I always have tomatoes, usually squash and okra. I love a tomato sandwich or tomatoes on my hamburger. An crazy about tomatoes with fried corn, okra and pinto beans with cornbread.Got to add tha iced tea.

mike

oh yeah-tomato, mayo, and bread-hard to beat!..squash and onions-hard to beat,..boiled cabbage with corned beast-yum!

Tom,

mike

I live on the edge of Hartville. It is well known for having black muck dirt here. It is not wet, just black. Satellite pics show the black squares really good. If I dig 4" down in my back yard I hit this stuff. Well my neighbor always gets big eyes and plants more than he can handle, me being a good neighbor :whistling: I always take extra off his hands. Sweet corn(white & yellow) it's called "Bread & Butter", maters, cukes, lettuce, and my favorite the habanero peppers!! :chili:

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

I had to stop talkin about food. You'all are making me HUNGRY big time. The closest place to eat downtown Nashville is a Krystal. And I eat too many of them per week.

Tom, I get e-mails from Kraftfoods.com ......they have some great recipes. Today I copied a recipe " Cheesy Bacon Meatloaf "

1lb. Ground Beef

1 egg, beaten

1 cup Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1/4 cup milk

1/4 cup dry bread crumbs

1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper

6 slices Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon

1/2 tsp. each garlic powder, seasoning salt, dried oregano leaves

Oven 400F Mix all except bacon, Shape into loaf pan, top with bacon, Bake 1 hr. or until done, at 160F in the center,

Let stand 5 min.

Enjoy!

mike