B-75 Production # Question?

I know the total # of B-75's made.Is there a way to find out how many were single axles?I've only seen a few,as most seemed to be tandems.Just curious,thanks.

If there is no "S" after the B75 designation, then it is a single axle.

For example B75Txxxx would be a B75 single axle tractor, and B75STxxxx would be a B75 tandem axle tractor.

("T" stands for "tractor".

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

If there is no "S" after the B75 designation, then it is a single axle.

For example B75Txxxx would be a B75 single axle tractor, and B75STxxxx would be a B75 tandem axle tractor.

("T" stands for "tractor".

Thanks,i know that.I was just wondering how many of the 1619 that were produced are single axles?Also,what was the purpose of the "long" nose?I'm aware the B-67 "short" nose style trucks were made for overall length laws.

Thanks,i know that.I was just wondering how many of the 1619 that were produced are single axles?Also,what was the purpose of the "long" nose?I'm aware the B-67 "short" nose style trucks were made for overall length laws.

One reason was to make room for a Cummins Diesel, which was too long to fit in a B61 type engine compartment, although if factory Cummins equipped it would be a B73.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Also the B73/B75 was longer because it had a longer wheelbase making it more of a "West coast" truck. It was competition for Pete, Kenworth, etc. It replaced the LT model and was in the progression with the RL 700 and the Superliner. The Mack museum may be able to tell you how many single axle ones were built. Another good question is how many had the B cab and how many the L cab. As far as I know there was nothing in the model number to denote that. The L cab with the large radiator made a B look like a west coast truck