Transmission Numbers

TRUE GRIT

i am wanting to switch my r model from a 5 speed to a 2 stick 6 speed, for off road low gears. i have been told there are a couple of different 2 sticks, but i dont know. i have found one in a truck close to the same year as mine. one guy told me once he had a 2 stick in a log truck, and he had to use the second stick out on the road. the one i drove a while back had reverse, low and direct on the second stick, and 1-5 on the other.you didnt have to use 2nd stick out on the road, it just gave you some super lows and reverses. i got the numbers off the transmission i have found, some of the numbers may not be exactly right, cause i was laying in a briar patch under this truck trying to scratch and write. any help would be appreciated. doug

234k93149

x107

7e1312

11k345918

3p1 these were stamped in the lowerleft front of case

i am wanting to switch my r model from a 5 speed to a 2 stick 6 speed, for off road low gears. i have been told there are a couple of different 2 sticks, but i dont know. i have found one in a truck close to the same year as mine. one guy told me once he had a 2 stick in a log truck, and he had to use the second stick out on the road. the one i drove a while back had reverse, low and direct on the second stick, and 1-5 on the other.you didnt have to use 2nd stick out on the road, it just gave you some super lows and reverses. i got the numbers off the transmission i have found, some of the numbers may not be exactly right, cause i was laying in a briar patch under this truck trying to scratch and write. any help would be appreciated. doug

234k93149

x107

7e1312

11k345918

3p1 these were stamped in the lowerleft front of case

I have 2 6 speeds that i took out of my trucks last month. the number is TRXL107. One is a 2 stick, and the other is an airshift single stick- the reverse, high and low are on a button on the shifter. Both of the transmissions have the same number. Im trying to get rid of them.

Doug Mack made 2 different 2 stick 6 speed Transmissions. the first one part number TRXL 107 had the following gear ratios. Low range 14.10 in first, 8.20 in second, 4.65 in third, 2.72 in fourth, and 1.64 in fifth. High range as follows 8.59 in first, 4.99 in second, 2.84 in third, 1.66 in fourth, and 1.00 in fifth. And the following ratios in reverse. 36.66 in first, 21.32 in second, 12.11 in third, 7.07 in fourth, and 4.27 in fifth. The second was part number TRXL 1071 The gear ratios in low range are as follows 23.08 in first, 13.42 in second, 7.62 in third, 4.45 in fourth, and 2.69 in fifth. The gear ratios in high range and reverse were the same in both transmissions. There were also air shift verisions of both transmissions part numbers TRXL 107A and TRXL 1071A. Hope this helps out Blocl.

Doug Mack made 2 different 2 stick 6 speed Transmissions. the first one part number TRXL 107 had the following gear ratios. Low range 14.10 in first, 8.20 in second, 4.65 in third, 2.72 in fourth, and 1.64 in fifth. High range as follows 8.59 in first, 4.99 in second, 2.84 in third, 1.66 in fourth, and 1.00 in fifth. And the following ratios in reverse. 36.66 in first, 21.32 in second, 12.11 in third, 7.07 in fourth, and 4.27 in fifth. The second was part number TRXL 1071 The gear ratios in low range are as follows 23.08 in first, 13.42 in second, 7.62 in third, 4.45 in fourth, and 2.69 in fifth. The gear ratios in high range and reverse were the same in both transmissions. There were also air shift verisions of both transmissions part numbers TRXL 107A and TRXL 1071A. Hope this helps out Blocl.

block, do you know if the hi range forward ratios in the 6 speed are the same as my 5 speed? also this may be a stupid question, but why are they called 6 speeds. thanks.

I have 2 6 speeds that i took out of my trucks last month. the number is TRXL107. One is a 2 stick, and the other is an airshift single stick- the reverse, high and low are on a button on the shifter. Both of the transmissions have the same number. Im trying to get rid of them.

are they both good? i believe i would like the air shift,it wouldnt take up much needed cab space. email me with a price and where in virginia you are. bobford2584@aol.com

are they both good? i believe i would like the air shift,it wouldnt take up much needed cab space. email me with a price and where in virginia you are. bobford2584@aol.com

True grit the answer to your question the high range gear ratios in the six speed are the same as the 5 speed. I think it is called a 6 speed is it was intended to start out in low first shift to high first then on uo through the other gears just a guess on my part. Block

• 8 months later...

The trdxl107 and trdxl1071 are early transmissions. The 107 gives you a low for reverse and first the 1071 gives you a high range for fifth. The trxl is the newer transmission and it gives you a low hole for first and five reverses.

Actually, the TRDXL107 gives you a low for reverse and first and the TRDXL1070 gives you a high range for fifth.

The later models were the TRXL 107 & TRXL1071, which had rev, lo lo & direct on the compound & 1st thru 5th on the main.

the difference between the TRXL107 & the TRXL1071 was that the TRXL1071 had a much lower ratio in compound lo lo.

• Like 1

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"