[New BMT Blog Entry] other dog's Blog - Binness As Usual

WattsMack

Geez, I can't remember anything...oh, it's coming back slowly now. Made three rounds last week for the first time in a while. Took some treated lumber to Akron Thursday and thought I was coming home empty, but got a load out of Malta, Oh. late Friday evening going to Bedford, Va. When I unloaded in Bedford Monday I went to the shop and got a Conestoga and loaded Kyanite for Chester, W.V. Sat all day in Chester after I unloaded Tuesday-didn't have a return load. I did get a load Wednesday going to Roanoke, but it was next week's load, so I just brought it to the shop and dropped it. Then Thursday I loaded treated lumber going to Middlefield, Oh. and reloaded in Canton at Ohio Steel Slitters. I don't know if everyone who works there is an a-hole, or just the guy that loaded me. Probably just him, odds are against everyone there being one, but he was certainly an arrogant, hateful jerk-pure a-hole, like he holds it against you for coming there to pick up a load in the first place. Unfortunately, that's most often the case where ever you go to load steel or make a delivery. Makes it hard to be sympathetic when they close the doors because people decide to get their steel from China or Brazil. Gotta deliver in Suffolk tomorrow.

And I got started on the garden yesterday-planted some cabbage. Gotta pick up some onion sets this week, and i'll be good for a while. I'm going to start some tomato and pepper plants in a plant bed.

took a few pictures last week, nothing spectacular-

loaded with lumber at the truckstop

couple of Macks in Fairplain,W.V.

closer view of the b-model, Fairplain,W.V.

Attached thumbnail(s)

blogentry-1374-1237761827_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1237762127_thumb.jpg

//

blogentry-1374-1237762152_thumb.jpg

//

View the full blog entry

:tease: don't worry.............ALL us Cantonians are A-holes............... :blah:

Sad part is ALOT of shipper/receivers are like that. Back when I used to drive for our shop and get to some places it was ALL attitude when you rolled in the door. Like "why are you bothering me?". We play the opposite here, as it don't matter if I'm on lunch or whatever, I stop and take care of the driver. No sense in making it difficult. Alot of guys really thank us for going beyond the call.

Used to go to Lindberg Heat Treat in Solon and I HATED that stop. "Doug" hated life and he made sure you were miserable when you were around him too. Been alot of years since been up there, and GLAD of it.

That old red B model, is it sitting up in a truck lot on the east side of 77? I've seen it numerous times running down that way. Never be able to get in to see it, as I always get thru after the place is closed.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

:tease: don't worry.............ALL us Cantonians are A-holes............... :blah:

AssHoles???? I resemble that, and Canton is eight miles south of the shop!!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Sad part is ALOT of shipper/receivers are like that. Back when I used to drive for our shop and get to some places it was ALL attitude when you rolled in the door. Like "why are you bothering me?". We play the opposite here, as it don't matter if I'm on lunch or whatever, I stop and take care of the driver. No sense in making it difficult. Alot of guys really thank us for going beyond the call.

Used to go to Lindberg Heat Treat in Solon and I HATED that stop. "Doug" hated life and he made sure you were miserable when you were around him too. Been alot of years since been up there, and GLAD of it.

That old red B model, is it sitting up in a truck lot on the east side of 77? I've seen it numerous times running down that way. Never be able to get in to see it, as I always get thru after the place is closed.

Well, Big Jim said he was there 2 hours before he finally got loaded, after the guy told us to quit talking so he could get in and get loaded. But he said the guy came outside and brought him his bills when he was tarping, and apoligized for taking so long, so he might not be so bad.

Yeah, that's where that B-model is-across from the Go-Mart in Fairplain. I've seen it there for a long time, but I don't know what the place is. I've asked at the truckstop and they didn't know. Never seen anybody over there, all the doors are always down, and there's a fence around the place and the gate's always closed. Lot's of trucks and equipment in there. I thought maybe it was a truck dealer, but i've never even seen a sign at the place.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.