Towing Rv With Semi

I was at a different RV dealer the other day and he claimied that the Rv trailer king pin is the same as a semi trailer. (I always thought they looked close but never actually measured.) He was saying he's had Semi trucks come in and just hook right up?? If this is true wouldn't it be hard on the frame of the RV? with torsion I mean, most rv fiths pivot L to R a little.

Does anybody do this with success?? I was thinking when the guy said it that would be neat for a show just take your "shell" with you. You experts please weigh in....

Mike :huh:

I was at a different RV dealer the other day and he claimied that the Rv trailer king pin is the same as a semi trailer. (I always thought they looked close but never actually measured.) He was saying he's had Semi trucks come in and just hook right up?? If this is true wouldn't it be hard on the frame of the RV? with torsion I mean, most rv fiths pivot L to R a little.

Does anybody do this with success?? I was thinking when the guy said it that would be neat for a show just take your "shell" with you. You experts please weigh in....

Mike :huh:

Hi Mike,

I am no expert and have never done it. I have seen semis do this and seems to be the case and work fine. Might be a waste of horsepower. I also see semis with a 5th wheel to gooseneck adapter and them towing a gooseneck trailer. That is what I am going to do. I can use the gooseneck on my 1 ton or the Mack.

Mike- I have towed a 38' 5th wheel RV with my B67 Mack successfully all over the country. In fact, were it not for the RV, the Mack wouldn't have a thing to do in life. Roaring into a camp ground at night in a semi really gets their attention too-

Pin absolutely same thing.

Dial up www.stovebolt.com, select features, select saga, select "Hauling with the Big Dogs" and reall all about it. In fact, read "Hi You Silver Rides Again" and read about the resto of this Mack. Good luck

Hauling with the Big Dogs

Hi Yo Silver Rides Again

Mike- I have towed a 38' 5th wheel RV with my B67 Mack successfully all over the country. In fact, were it not for the RV, the Mack wouldn't have a thing to do in life. Roaring into a camp ground at night in a semi really gets their attention too-

Dial up www.stovebolt.com, select features, select saga, select "Hauling with the Big Dogs" and reall all about it. In fact, read "Hi You Silver Rides Again" and read about the resto of this Mack. Good luck

Hi Yo Silver Rides Again

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate the info, this place is a great resource for people new to the antique truck hobby or any truck enthusiast.

Thanks,

Mike :thumb:

Hi Yo Silver Rides Again

About all I can say about your truck is WOW!!! What a piece of work..

DW

1948 Mack Pumper

I am just in the process of converting my B back to a fifth plate again. I converted it back in the begining so I could pull my gooseneck trailer(with ball style hitch).

I bought the insert from Putnam hitches and it slides in where the ball insert was. Now I can hook up to my plate. Much easier to deal with too!! No screwing around trying to line up on a ball anymore.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"