Mack Trucks Sells Allentown Headquarters

Like the gentlemaen refered to earlier it's all about return on investemnet. The bean counters and as I call them Educated Fools have made decisions in the offices and consequences aren't kept in mind. This is now a Country of non serviceable parts and has a throw away mentality. Pride in your job? Shit, this has become every man for himself. I am just glad my 89 year old grandfather and my parents raised me not to be a sheep.What is going on is unacceptable and the granite faces on Rushmore would be apauld. Loyalty, besides for a select few is also a thing of the past. Wal Mart mentality Bigger Cheaper and Faster the hell with longevity!

I couldnt agree with you more! :clap::mack1:

I DO NOT THINK THE MACK BAND WILL GO OFF. BUT I DO NOT LIKE TO THINK THAT THE CABS WILL BE REPLACD BY VOLVO CABS. EWWWWWWW

LETS PRAY AND HOPE FOR THE VOLVO /MACK DIVORCE.

FORD IS GETTIG RID OF MAZDA AND VOLVO

I HOPE MACK TRUCKS COULD MERGE STRONG OUT OF VOLVO CORPORATE AND BECOME THE TRUCK IT WAS BEFORE.

As far as safety goes I really must disagree I have seen four in the past year that have been in serious collisions drivers were hurt trucks were totalled! Two 01 CHs also in severe collisions trucks were badly damaged and drivers were shook up. Both Macks were repaired by us at the shop and put back in service,Volvos were taken by insurance company and scrapped.

Sorry, I was actually trying to convey how Volvo would look at the situation. But Volvo does put allot of safety engineering into their trucks. They pretty much set the standard for European truck safety.

Typical Exec behavior, milk the company dry and bail out will millions before it tanks. Like I said; they don't give a shit about the company or product, just money. They have most likely never touched a truck let alone driven one.

I'll bet in five years Volvo Group will be in financial trouble looking to divest acquisitions with Mack Trucks being one of them.

I don't see the name Mack Trucks Inc. going the way of others; Just another reincarnation in the future.

Rob

Hmmm I wonder who could buy them? Navistar? Every other maker has two brands. But then Mack would have to somehow switch to MAN/CAT engines. Maybe an investment firm. But then who would supply their engines? Hmmmm....

I DO NOT THINK THE MACK BAND WILL GO OFF. BUT I DO NOT LIKE TO THINK THAT THE CABS WILL BE REPLACD BY VOLVO CABS. EWWWWWWW

LETS PRAY AND HOPE FOR THE VOLVO /MACK DIVORCE.

FORD IS GETTIG RID OF MAZDA AND VOLVO

I HOPE MACK TRUCKS COULD MERGE STRONG OUT OF VOLVO CORPORATE AND BECOME THE TRUCK IT WAS BEFORE.

The problem is who would supply their engines? Scania would be a cool partner, the DS16 V8 would be a great engine for Mack. Would be sweet to hear a thumping V8 again. The DS16 is up to 620 HP and 2212 ft/lbs, put that in the Titan with an 18 speed. Would be sweet if they made a Mack-Scania Cabover using the Scania R cab. A Mack Topliner would be bitchin.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

This is what gets me:

"Petrucci would buy the 250,000-square-foot office compound at 2100 Mack Boulevard..."

They have their own street and now they will not have it anymore. Very sad. What pisses me off is how Volvo is dragging Mack to THIER headquarters. Meanwhile Mack has been here long before Volvo. This goes to show you they have no real respect for the brand identity. Who gives a damn where Volvo is located?

Amen preach on I Wont even own a :mack1: past a 2001 Model

later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 2 weeks later...

IF WE LOVE MACK TRUCKS SO MUCH. NO MATTER THE MACK EVOLUTION TROUGHT THE VOLVO GROUP, WE AS CUSTOMERS CAN MAKE OUR VOICE BE HEARD.

YOU WANT MACK TO KEEP IT'S REPUTABLE DRIVE COMPONENTS SUCH AS AXLES, DIFERENTIALS, TRANSMISSIONS AND SUSPENSION????

WHAT ABOUT KEEPING THE MACK CABS ??????

WELL JUST GO TO YOUR E-MAIL AND SEND AN E-MAIL TO:

customer.satisfaction@macktrucks.com

HERE YOU CAN SEND ALL YOUR QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS.

HE HAVE TO DO IT TOGETHER.

• 1 month later...

Hello to all,

Volvo buy Renault trucks and they have in the wedding corbel Mack. In France when the group renault sale renault trucks many people said that' finish. And they are the right thing. For example the Magnum have the mack engine and now that finish. We have now volvo engine in the magnum that the begin of the end. In US volvo buy White and now where is White? When Renault trucks buy Mack I never ear they want to change Mack. They injected many money for saving Mack and they don't change the legend. They want use Mack only to have a new market. You have the Midliner and the freedom but they don't want to change the big trucks. The R series continue his life and the CH was born and the Vision. I think Volvo change the Mack in the wrong way.