1959 Scania Engine

catmech

Hello. I saw my first scania engine today.Im going to start restoring a 1959 b-61 as soon as it gets warmer.i had never even heard of this engine. The b is going to get a end673 engine installed . The scania has a dropped valve from what the guy that owns it can remember.It has been parked for over 15 years. has anyone had any experiance with these engines? :D any info apreciated :mack1:

How did that engine end up in a B61?
I saw some of those engines in B models with the small quad trans. That was in about 65 but they were maybe 4 years old. Mix trucks and i rmenber them well because they had the stopmaster or wedge brakes on them. The mixer trucks and wedge brakes is a bad mix. The mixerrs is alltime backing off in to the water vat to clean the acid from under side and that detroys the adjusters in the wedge brakes. The same compant also had the small six cly in some of their mixers to . One engine was a end465 and the other was a end475.

glenn akers

I saw some of those engines in B models with the small quad trans. That was in about 65 but they were maybe 4 years old. Mix trucks and i rmenber them well because they had the stopmaster or wedge brakes on them. The mixer trucks and wedge brakes is a bad mix. The mixerrs is alltime backing off in to the water vat to clean the acid from under side and that detroys the adjusters in the wedge brakes. The same compant also had the small six cly in some of their mixers to . One engine was a end465 and the other was a end475.

You're right Glenn, I've seen B models set up with the 465 or Scania motors and the TRQ77/770 quad box, but they were B43, B45, B47 or B53

Never seen a B61 with one of those little motors.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

You're right Glenn, I've seen B models set up with the 465 or Scania motors and the TRQ77/770 quad box, but they were B43, B45, B47 or B53

Never seen a B61 with one of those little motors.

:mack1: Alot of people don't realize all of the models there are, and think all of them are B61's Terry

:mack1: Alot of people don't realize all of the models there are, and think all of them are B61's Terry

Thanks for all the input. The truck is a b-61. Quadraplex. I dont have pics as of yet. the truck is setting in a locked lot.My freind is in the proccess of buying .Should have the truck and other parts at my house by the end of april or may. The rears are regular air brakes with slack adjusters. The steer axle i dont know . The truck was a house moving truck from kansas :):mack1:

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for all the input. The truck is a b-61. Quadraplex. I dont have pics as of yet. the truck is setting in a locked lot.My freind is in the proccess of buying .Should have the truck and other parts at my house by the end of april or may. The rears are regular air brakes with slack adjusters. The steer axle i dont know . The truck was a house moving truck from kansas :):mack1:

I was hoping somebody knew something about a scania engine,I guess not :)

Early Mack engines evolved from scania designs anyway. I don't know about the real early ones. Back in the late sixties early seventies

I watched a crowd Re power 2 R190's with six cyl scania diesels i think they 210 hp from memory. I know the trucks worked

for many years I don't think they had any problems. Down here in OZ i worked with a fellow with a scania 365 hp. I will say that

i worked worked every day with that truck and it never gave any trouble. It was 15 years old when he sold it and i can say

that apart from 1 in chasis o/h it never gave any trouble. I think the turbo was 12 years old when he finaly changed it

I think the six cyl engine was prety good. Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Early Mack engines evolved from scania designs anyway. I don't know about the real early ones. Back in the late sixties early seventies

I watched a crowd Re power 2 R190's with six cyl scania diesels i think they 210 hp from memory. I know the trucks worked

for many years I don't think they had any problems. Down here in OZ i worked with a fellow with a scania 365 hp. I will say that

i worked worked every day with that truck and it never gave any trouble. It was 15 years old when he sold it and i can say

that apart from 1 in chasis o/h it never gave any trouble. I think the turbo was 12 years old when he finaly changed it

I think the six cyl engine was prety good. Mark

Thank you for your help