Mack Dm800

jakebrake86

Does anyone know where I can find a fixer-upper dm800 with a six cylinder engine? I found one on truckpaper.com, but it needed engine work and had a v8 (something I know nothing about)

Hmm I cant find the DM800 you are referring to but I found this one. 35 grand is alotta money though. There is a DM811sx with a 300 for 20 grand. I have been looking at this RD800SX. It is a winch tractor with 12.00x24's and man I love the 12.00x24's and its less then an hour from me. But 45 grand for a rusted up allison automatic cummins combo? I dont think so. This RD would be my pick but um yea little to big lol.

OR did you mean RD800 like this one with the e9 450? Take the 450 out and put an e6 in. I am sure you could trade the e9 for an e6 or sell it.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Hmm I cant find the DM800 you are referring to but I found this one. 35 grand is alotta money though. There is a DM811sx with a 300 for 20 grand. I have been looking at this RD800SX. It is a winch tractor with 12.00x24's and man I love the 12.00x24's and its less then an hour from me. But 45 grand for a rusted up allison automatic cummins combo? I dont think so. This RD would be my pick but um yea little to big lol.

OR did you mean RD800 like this one with the e9 450? Take the 450 out and put an e6 in. I am sure you could trade the e9 for an e6 or sell it.

For some reason I wasn't thinking right and said the DM800 was on truckpaper, but in fact it was on ericksontrucks.com. Sorry for the mix up... Anyway, I'd kinda like to find an affordable one that I could slap a coat of paint and a dump bed on and go to work like I've done with my DM685... There was a DM800 for sale at Whitington's Used Trucks in Memphis, but it was pretty rough and had a 25 yard plus coal bed on it that was useless for hauling rock without a third axle.

Jake

For some reason I wasn't thinking right and said the DM800 was on truckpaper, but in fact it was on ericksontrucks.com. Sorry for the mix up... Anyway, I'd kinda like to find an affordable one that I could slap a coat of paint and a dump bed on and go to work like I've done with my DM685... There was a DM800 for sale at Whitington's Used Trucks in Memphis, but it was pretty rough and had a 25 yard plus coal bed on it that was useless for hauling rock without a third axle.

No problem. I am on truck paper just about every other day lol.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

No problem. I am on truck paper just about every other day lol.

Hey Thad, thanks for the pics. of the 800's I think the one for 45,000 sounds a bit hi even though it only has 19,000 miles on it. It looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet and I'd like to see the hour meter. The 888 for 14,000 sounds pretty good if someone had a dump to drop on it, Tim

Hey Thad, thanks for the pics. of the 800's I think the one for 45,000 sounds a bit hi even though it only has 19,000 miles on it. It looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet and I'd like to see the hour meter. The 888 for 14,000 sounds pretty good if someone had a dump to drop on it, Tim

Yeah judging from the rust and where it's from, my guess is that the RD has seen a little salt... Luckily we dont have much of that down here in the south. I dont think I've ever seen a truck as late as a 89 model with that much rust. That DM811 looks pretty decent and about what i'm looking for, only a little more money than I'm wanting to spend for a 79 model.

Jake

hi mack money my family has delt w/ mr. ray whittington & mike (whittington trucks) for yeasrs the truck ya are refering to was a Memphis Wrecking company that ole truck has probly been round the block a few times & then some but it would make a heck of a brush & land clearing / demolition truck on a close run or on site maybe ? esp w/ the coal bed on it w/ barn door ;)

they do a lota mechanic work for memphis wrecking ya go in the shop & mike will probly have a truck or 2 of thiers back there doing something to them ;)

just my 2 cents & yall have a goodone

bulldog

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 5 years later...

ya,,,i see them all the time,in truck paper,,usually around,,$7000.low mileage,,thier not a popular model,and generally priced right,and no miles,they usually did heavy haul,or city and state work,,good luck...with this post,im sure you will find one...bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...