Let Me Introduce Myself

r0d78mack

I have drove the same 78 R Model Mack for the past 28 years, the only thing I have had longer is my wife. Me and my MACK haul coal here in SW VA. Recently replaced frame rails and we are back on the job. Powered by a E7 350, 2180 transmission, T200 rears, none of this is original! Glad to have found this website and look forward to getting to know you. Will send pics later.

Rod

:SMOKIE-RT:

I have drove the same 78 R Model Mack for the past 28 years, the only thing I have had longer is my wife. Me and my MACK haul coal here in SW VA. Recently replaced frame rails and we are back on the job. Powered by a E7 350, 2180 transmission, T200 rears, none of this is original! Glad to have found this website and look forward to getting to know you. Will send pics later.

Rod

:SMOKIE-RT:

Glad to hear from you rod. Every time I think I might be crazy for wanting to keep my truck forever, somebody like you gives me and my Bulldog the courage and strength to continue on. Long may you run! :WELCOME:

:SMOKIE-RT: Welcome aboard Rod. You say you recently replaced the framerails on your R model. Did you get brand new ones or used ones? A friend of mine has an 87 R Model tractor he runs daily that he bought new and the double frame on it is getting ripe and he doesn't want to park it. I wondered if you could still get new rails or not. I also have an 89 Superliner in mothballs right now that got wrecked on me a few years ago. I want to find new rails for it also . The Mack dealer up here in Windsor told me they couldn't get them. I don't think they wanted to look. the don't encourage guys like me that like to keep old trucks like that running , they just want to sell you a new one.