B Model Kit For Dually Pickup

mechanoman

Hello all. I am a newby to this sitebut have been a B-model enthusiastic for over 35 years.

I am curious as to whether anyone manufactures a B-model kit for 1-ton dually pickups. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I saw one at a show in Wisconsin back in the late 90's, but never got a chance to find out if the owner bought a kit somewhere or took an old cab and did some major bodywork magic and cut it down to fit the 1-ton dually chassis. However he did it, it looked very cool, like a mini B-model.

I hate the thought of cutting up an old B-model, but I have an '85 F350 dually in great shape with the exception that the cab has major rust problems to the point that I have to do something. I looked at the "Bummer" kits (based on the Hummer) but there are several of those around. My first love is the B-model, and the thought of a "mini-B diesel pickup truck is one that I have been thinking about for the last ten years.

I am located in the Charleston, SC area and have shop facilities as well as the expertise to tackle a project of this scale but why re-invent the wheel if someone has already done a project like this. I have never forgotten the one I saw and have never seen another one. I have repowered a 1947 International for a client and it came out looking pretty good, but it was a gasser. I want a B-model daily driver and I finally have the time and resources to pursue this dream.

Any thoughts, comments, and suggestions (even the inevitable flames) would be very much appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Years to all.

mechanoman

Hello all. I am a newby to this sitebut have been a B-model enthusiastic for over 35 years.

I am curious as to whether anyone manufactures a B-model kit for 1-ton dually pickups. Has anyone ever seen one of these? I saw one at a show in Wisconsin back in the late 90's, but never got a chance to find out if the owner bought a kit somewhere or took an old cab and did some major bodywork magic and cut it down to fit the 1-ton dually chassis. However he did it, it looked very cool, like a mini B-model.

I hate the thought of cutting up an old B-model, but I have an '85 F350 dually in great shape with the exception that the cab has major rust problems to the point that I have to do something. I looked at the "Bummer" kits (based on the Hummer) but there are several of those around. My first love is the B-model, and the thought of a "mini-B diesel pickup truck is one that I have been thinking about for the last ten years.

I am located in the Charleston, SC area and have shop facilities as well as the expertise to tackle a project of this scale but why re-invent the wheel if someone has already done a project like this. I have never forgotten the one I saw and have never seen another one. I have repowered a 1947 International for a client and it came out looking pretty good, but it was a gasser. I want a B-model daily driver and I finally have the time and resources to pursue this dream.

Any thoughts, comments, and suggestions (even the inevitable flames) would be very much appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Years to all.

mechanoman

I saw this picture on Hank's Truck Pictures, no details, the caption just said it was a B-model on a 4x4 chassis.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

They just sold a truck like that on EBay for around $4300, someone cut a B down, it looked good, i almost bid on it but it was so far away,(like every other thing) i think the cab was mostly stock he cut the hood and fenders, i would put up a pic but i just can,t figue out how, i ran every dozer up to a D10 and almost every other piece of equitment and trucks but i to transfer a pic i don,t have a cue :mack1:

They just sold a truck like that on EBay for around $4300, someone cut a B down, it looked good, i almost bid on it but it was so far away,(like every other thing) i think the cab was mostly stock he cut the hood and fenders, i would put up a pic but i just can,t figue out how, i ran every dozer up to a D10 and almost every other piece of equitment and trucks but i to transfer a pic i don,t have a cue :mack1:

what I do is-like the picture from Hank's-right click on it, then click on ''save picture'' and it'll go to your saved pictures.then when you post a reply,click on ''browse'' and you should see desktop,documents,pictures,etc. find the picture you want and right click on it then left click ''select''. then click ''upload'' on your post and it should post your picture. I'll usually right click on the picture and where it says ''send to'' I send it to the desktop first so I can find it easily.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Well i got the pic sent, i swear i can move a mountain of dirt easier

if you have the pic saved on your PC simply reply to this message and you will see a little box below that says "attachments" . in the far right of this box you will see a space that says browse.click that and search your computer for the pic. click on your pic and then hit the green upload button. now you have the pic added to your post. then hit "add reply"

when your ready to post yur text an pic

Hope this helps

Trent

It would be nice if there was a kit. Someone could make tens of dollars in todays money. I've seen different versions of "B" pick-ups. Some were just a cab and front end put on a pick-up chassis. One was actually a narrowed,channeled, and lowered cab with reworked fenders that made it more scale to the 16" wheel/tire setup. Too much sheet metal work for me. The best would be somebody to make a fiberglass cab and fender setup that was the correct scale. That would take a chunk of start-up money and engineering time but would be the coolest thing out there. I would build one on a Dodge chassis. Cummins, 6 speed, 1 ton dually, maybe a 4x4. For a bed I would use the older Dodge step-side bed. They had the fat bubble rear fenders that would go good with "B" lines.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

It would be nice if there was a kit. Someone could make tens of dollars in todays money. I've seen different versions of "B" pick-ups. Some were just a cab and front end put on a pick-up chassis. One was actually a narrowed,channeled, and lowered cab with reworked fenders that made it more scale to the 16" wheel/tire setup. Too much sheet metal work for me. The best would be somebody to make a fiberglass cab and fender setup that was the correct scale. That would take a chunk of start-up money and engineering time but would be the coolest thing out there. I would build one on a Dodge chassis. Cummins, 6 speed, 1 ton dually, maybe a 4x4. For a bed I would use the older Dodge step-side bed. They had the fat bubble rear fenders that would go good with "B" lines.

Thats exactly what I'm thinking. The idea about the old Dodge fenders is a good one. I have also looked at the cab from a '47 International truck, but a Mack B model is the one I want. Lots of work, but I've got time on my side, if you look for anything log enough, you'll usually either find it or get tired of looking. Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated.