Dupont Refinish Historical Color Chip Library

I was looking at paint and primers for my truck (it's getting pretty confusing with all the options out there). I came across a historical paint chip library at DuPont.

The link is

DuPont Historical Color Chip Library

I haven't found the color chips for Mack trucks yet, but did find the colors for a Coca-Cola truck!

Let me know if you find the right pages for our old Mack trucks, and better yet, post them!

Scott

When I stripped/repainted my heaterbox way back when I had my local paint place "scan" a hinge cover plate for the doors(which was a really nice original paint sample) and had them mix me up a pint. It's very surprising it blends in very nicely with all the remaining interior of my truck. Luckily mine hasn't been butchered up with spraybombs in it's lifetime.

They have very old paint chip books, but no Mack color codes(not many big truck codes anyway).

Watts Mack was offering rebuilt door panels and dash panels that were painted. Does Barry have the official paint code? Or are you looking for ALL paint codes, including exterior?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Mike & Larry,

I saw it as a resource for people instead of the $10 a page sales on eBay. The power of the internet has saved me a bunch of money over the years and I'm always looking for avenues to same me (and those who have a similar interest) a little coin. Doesn't appear that too many large trucks are there, but it may be of interest to people...

I know Barry posted the mix a paint shop ginned up for the color under an overspeed dash plate and have rounded up a few other codes on the forums. Thanks for the ideas & offers,

Scott