What Model And Who Owns It?

Hi Thad,

This may be an F model. Some "super duty" construction trucks started production in the late 1930's. Post WWII trucks used the L cab offset to the driver's side. The heaviest chassis built would be FT or FW models. I found in my books some reference to an FCSW, but that was an all-wheel drive truck. I don't know if the designation would be the same. I'm pretty sure the truck in your photos belongs to Roger Gerhart in Lititz, PA. It is at his show every year on the ground driving around, not sitting on a trailer. I must say, quite an impressive sight to behold.

:huh: Am I seeing things or does the second picture show the binder chain around the mudflap bracket? :blink:

Hmm after you said that I took a look and I believe its a tow loop or hook. I don't think mud flap brackets have four sturdy looking bolts through them :D .

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

:huh: Am I seeing things or does the second picture show the binder chain around the mudflap bracket? :blink:

No, that is a frame mounted tow hook, the fender bracket is at the bottom of the frame rails. I had to look a couple times too. Makes for a great optical illusion considering where the bracket is for the mud flat that is no longer there.

Guest 45LMSWM

Thaddeus,

Truck is a 1947 Mack LMSWM owned by Roger Gerhart of Lititz, PA. The truck was previously operated by J. Robert Bazely of Pottsville, PA, a large strip mining and heavy contractor. I had the pleasure of driving this truck for a lap at Lititz in 2007. I bought my 1945 LMSWM from Gerhart that same weekend. His '47 is in fairly better shape then mine. One of my favorite all time trucks.

Regards,

John