E7 Aset Fuel Milage

jdrslyr75

I'm trying to figure out at what engine RPM the E7 ASET's get the best fuel mileage. I found a good road speed calculator and it seems like the rearend ratios in the used Macks I have been looking at are much lower than most other manufacturers. As a former Cat technician, I know that their engines like to cruise around 1500 RPM for fuel economy. I'm just wondering where the E7 ASET likes to cruise.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I'm trying to figure out at what engine RPM the E7 ASET's get the best fuel mileage. I found a good road speed calculator and it seems like the rearend ratios in the used Macks I have been looking at are much lower than most other manufacturers. As a former Cat technician, I know that their engines like to cruise around 1500 RPM for fuel economy. I'm just wondering where the E7 ASET likes to cruise.

Thanks,

Jeremy

I had our computer hooked up to an 2004 CX613 with a ASET 460P, with fullsize 24.5 tires, Mack 13 speed and 3.90 rear gears. It was getting 6.6 driving MPG and 6.2 overall including idle time, not bad.

actually the big cats are set up to cruise at 1350rpm's my e7 runs 70 at 1500 55 at a little above 1200 truck get the same or a little better running 70 than 55 I run 3.70 on short 22.5's with a 13'spd I would not want any taller geared truck than that

I've found mine gets the best overall milage around 1350-1400rpm. 22.5 tall, 3:86 and 18sp.

The bulk of my work is hourly, so 55 mph is max (nobody wants an over-achiever)...but that puts me almost between gears...1250rpm or 1500. Best I've been able to pull out of it is 7.65 mpg.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg