Cold Dog...

sdthoren

I had to move mine outside last Sunday to make room to work on my little car(broken brake line). It started fairly well for sitting inside at 45 deg. Once it sat outside for an hour or so at 15deg.......things weren't so jollly. It took quite alot to bring it back to life again. THEN, since the moisture in the lines had time to freeze, the compressor wouldn't build air!!! Damn! After about 15 minutes it finally built enough heat around to finally break loose and get enough air to release the brakes again. Note to self, don't let it sit outside after being warm inside as water DOES freeze!

Did I mention I HATE winter?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I had to move mine outside last Sunday to make room to work on my little car(broken brake line). It started fairly well for sitting inside at 45 deg. Once it sat outside for an hour or so at 15deg.......things weren't so jollly. It took quite alot to bring it back to life again. THEN, since the moisture in the lines had time to freeze, the compressor wouldn't build air!!! Damn! After about 15 minutes it finally built enough heat around to finally break loose and get enough air to release the brakes again. Note to self, don't let it sit outside after being warm inside as water DOES freeze!

Did I mention I HATE winter?

I haven't started my "yella dog" for about a month. Had to "rob" the batteries from it when I brought the latest RL home. Getting real tired of buying group 31 batteries for every truck that shows up round here, (I've bought over a dozen in the last year) but I'm gonna get her running this afternoon to thaw. Plugged the ole block heater in this morning so should be ready to go.

Getting real tired of winter real fast also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

got us a bit of snow and artic cold here in Washington State, but this dog ain't whining! :MackLogo:

Although my lab sure tucks her tail when it's time to head out!

Have a safe one,

Scott

Scott: I was just thinking that when you release your dogs' testicles from the icepack they are currently encased in, he is gonna be pissed! Might want to use a broom handle or something with length because when he begins to thaw and the ache sets in, he prolly aint gonna be in too good of mood.

Just a fellow Mack enthusiest expressing concern for your well being!

Happy Holidays,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Rob,

Yep, no whining, but the growling has started!

The snow got me off guard this year, I normally have the old dog in the shop out of the elements. Not that it's any warmer in there, but at least it would have been dry.

Best for you and yours this holiday season!

Scott