When Mack Owned Brockway

Hi Guys, I stumbled across a web site full of dedicated Brockway owners with a little Mack history which caught my eye. The site is www.brockwaytrucks.org/museum/history.html Brocks were a great tough truck too and there's some great photos and history there plus some Mack info back in the "B" days when the bulldogs first bought out the huskies.

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

Hi Guys, I stumbled across a web site full of dedicated Brockway owners with a little Mack history which caught my eye. The site is www.brockwaytrucks.org/museum/history.html Brocks were a great tough truck too and there's some great photos and history there plus some Mack info back in the "B" days when the bulldogs first bought out the huskies.

Great page, thanks for the link!

Reminds me of this girl my friend used to date. Her last name was Brockway and was supposedly a decendent of George Brockway (she knew of the truck company). Real hot lookin girl but was a total head case lol.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Great page, thanks for the link!

Reminds me of this girl my friend used to date. Her last name was Brockway and was supposedly a decendent of George Brockway (she knew of the truck company). Real hot lookin girl but was a total head case lol.

Was she blonde?

I have 2 Brockways besides my CH,the Mack Museum has build sheets for them.If I remember correctly Mack bought Brockway in1955 and ran it seperately .Some Brocway guys say that the Super liners were a Brockway design taken over by Mack after closure of Brockwa in 1977

Pete

I have 2 Brockways besides my CH,the Mack Museum has build sheets for them.If I remember correctly Mack bought Brockway in1955 and ran it seperately .Some Brocway guys say that the Super liners were a Brockway design taken over by Mack after closure of Brockwa in 1977

Pete

You own 3 great trucks Pete. Interesting thought about the Superliners, haven't heard about that before.

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend I had to make a quick trip out to Kansas City....... On the north side of I-70, just west of Odessa, MO, there is a used truck dealer of some sort that has a Brockway wrecker on the east edge of the lot. When I first saw it I thought it was an R model Mack cab from the rear, but as I passed by I looked over my shoulder and spied the Brockway grille. Painted red, it didn't look too bad from a distance, at 75 mph.

If you look at the pictures on the brockwaytrucks.org photo gallery there's a couple of later Brocks with R model cabs. Sharp lookin' trucks but I dunno, I like the look of that 3 piece windshield Brockway cab and Macks with the 2 piece. I remember hearing something about Brockway staring back up separately from Mack after 20 years of their shut down. Don't know if that was true or a bunch of BS (I can't imagine a driver or owner being a BS artist can you?)

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at the pictures on the brockwaytrucks.org photo gallery there's a couple of later Brocks with R model cabs. Sharp lookin' trucks but I dunno, I like the look of that 3 piece windshield Brockway cab and Macks with the 2 piece. I remember hearing something about Brockway staring back up separately from Mack after 20 years of their shut down. Don't know if that was true or a bunch of BS (I can't imagine a driver or owner being a BS artist can you?)

Brockway people say that the R type cabs on Brockways are not the same as Macks,there are alot of differences,like the doors are not the same and the cab is 3" longer.there was an article in Brockway Today about it awhile back.

Pete

Saying that the Brockway version of the Mack cab and the regular R model cab are the same or not the same depends on how you define "same." The same argument can be made about the similarities and differences between a R model and U model cab.

To most of us, we would call them the same. The cowl of a Brockway cab matched the finished cowls of Superliners and the post '91 RD's. The tale that the Superliner was really a Brockway design used by Mack is very plausible and interesting, and I for one would love some more proof. Every Mack-cabbed Brockway I've seen used the older flat rear cabwall like a pre-'73 Mack R family cab. The dash on a Brockway is nothing like a Mack dash, and the HVAC plumbing is completely different. The correct way to say it is that Brockway used a Mack family cab in the final year or two.

Dan Bruno

www.stlouisdumptrucks.com